(6) Slowly Falling in Love with You - The Date

Start from the beginning

“Well…sleep earlier, don’t tire yourself out too much,” he said.

“Yes daddy, I will,” I said in a kiddy voice. That brought his grin back.

“Lana!” Bailey’s voice shouted from across the room. I looked up and couldn’t help but laugh a little. Her black hair was a big old mess as always on Thursdays and you could still see a vaguely pyjama-like top underneath a coat.

“Slept just a bit too much again Bailey? You know you should really start using that alarm clock of yours!” I giggled. She didn’t say anything, just engulfed me in a hug.

“You’re alright! I was so worried!” Bailey said.

“Oh…I wish everyone will stop being so melodramatic! Do I need to post a Facebook status saying I’m fine? Haha, I’m fine Bailey! I’ve been to the school nurse and the doctors, don’t worry!” I laughed, patting her on the back.

“Well thank god for that! Otherwise it’ll just be little me all alone learning about monkeys…” she replied but halted because I suddenly stopped laughing. All the food I had for lunch was slowly making its way back up my stomach.

“Are you okay?” Noah asked worriedly, his arm immediately around me.

“Urm…I’m just gonna pop to the loo, won’t be too long!” I said, faking a smile and rushing to the toilets just outside the common room. Quickly, I ran into a cubicle and everything that was in my stomach came back up into the toilet. I heard someone come in and call my name, but I threw up again so I couldn’t be bothered respond. After a minute or two, I finally stopped and wiped my mouth. Well I obviously had something that was a bit off at lunch then! I cleaned myself up and walked out to see Bailey’s worried face.

“Are you alright?!” she asked, hugging me tightly.

“Oh…I wouldn’t do that if I was you…I just threw up and might have got some on my shirt!” I exclaimed, pushing her away.

“Oh…does it look like I mind? I heard you already!” Bailey said, bringing a smile to my face.

“Must’ve had something really off today, haha, the whole of my stomach is turning inside out,” I said, grimacing and hugging my tummy. Suddenly Reyna also appeared through the door.

“Hey, how come you’re here?” Bailey asked, surprised.

“I just got back from economics when Noah practically jumped on me and told me about you,” Reyna said, pointing at me.

“Nah, I just had some weird food for lunch so just getting it out of my system right now,” I replied, laughing it off.

“Oh right! Well, thank god you’re okay!” Reyna said, walking towards me and opening her arms.

“Urm, wouldn’t do that if I was you…some vomit may have gotten onto my shirt,” I interrupted, shrinking away from her.

“Ahh…thanks for telling me,” Reyna said, halting and half backing away. She’s kinda OCD about these things so it’s probably better she doesn’t come any closer to me than she already is.

“Well I’m all good now, let’s go enjoy the rest of our free,” I smiled reassuringly at both of them before walking out of the toilet. As soon as I walked into the common room, Noah jumped up.

“You okay? You hurt? What’s wrong?” he asked.

“Gosh guys, just chill! I’m fine! I just needed to go to the loo!” I said, silently nudging Reyna and Bailey.

“You took such a long time, I thought something was wrong!” Noah said, still looking at me worriedly.

“Well, I’m fine,” I replied, sitting down and picking up a mag.