Chapter 20

~Lunch~

"Again!?" Mikasa chewed on her bread. "Eren doesn't even sit down with us anymore. What's got into him?"

"He said he wanted to be alone in the field again." Armin picked up a chicken nugget. "And he doesn't like the school food apparently."

"I understand that part but why does he stay in the field by himself?" Mikasa took a sip from her water.

"I don't know." Armin eat his chicken nugget. "Maybe he has stuff on his mind."

~~~

"Hey Armin I know you like me and all but I like Levi and not you. No that's straight forward." Eren layed in the grass, looking up at the clear blue sky. "Um Armin we may have been friends for a long time and I know you like me but your only a friends so I'm sorry and- ugh. I really sick at this! I don't want to crush Armin."

"But your already crushing him by just thinking about." Eren looked up and saw Levi looking down at him.

"Levi, I thought you were having Lunch with Hanji." Eren slowly got up.

Levi sat down next to Eren. "Four Eyes was just telling me about you and Arlert again."

"Really? Why would she be telling you about that?" Eren asked a bit curious.

"She can see Armin likes you and she thinks I'm well, jealous." Levi leaned against the backstop. "I don't know how she got that idea."

"Maybe she can just tell by the actions. I didn't know Armin liked me until Saturday when Hanji took that picture."

Levi thought a few things over. 'So Armin only had a crush on Eren for only 3 days. I wonder if I should put him in a trash bag and through him over a bridge or maybe the ocean.'

"Levi?" Eren snapped him back into reality. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing important." Levi replied.

Eren stared at the grass. "I still can't think of a way to tell Armin I don't have feelings for him."

"Just say Armin I don't like and that's it. I mean that's what I would say."

"Are you really that stupid? Armin is my friend I don't want to be a bitch. I can see that your jealous of him and all you want is for me to hurt him." Eren stood up. "I thought you could help but all your doing is pretending everything is just a joke to you."

"You know that isnt what I mean."

"I know! It was a fucken joke but I don't joke with Crap like this! Don't you know that all this shit isn't a joke! You really arent any help to this since you don't have friends who are close!" Eren took a few steps. "And if I don't show up for your class, it means I hate you and I don't want to see you again." Eren felt tears stinging his eyes but he didn't want Levi to see. He ran down the field not turning back.

Levi closed his eyes replaying everything he said and what Eren just told him. "Why did I fuck everything up?"