Chapter 49

Dipper

"What?!"

Eleanor was crying. "Dipper, I'm sorry, this is how it is. It's going to have to be this way."

"No! Eleanor! You don't have to be like Bill! He betrayed you! Please!" I cried.

Mabel was holding my arm so tight I thought it might snap off.

Eleanor floated down close to me. "Dipper...if I do, you could be with me...forever."

I studied her one eye, her flowing hair. This wasn't Eleanor. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life with someone wearing Eleanor's face. "No...please Eleanor. Find a way to escape!"

"THERE IS NO WAY!" She screamed and turned red.

Mabel and I fell back.

"Eleanor!" Mabel cried. "Find Bill! Make him change you back!"

Eleanor floated down onto her feet and then fell to her knees. "Mabel, that won't work. He wants me. He...I think he's in love with me."

"No! Eleanor! He lied to you! He lied to all of us! He just wants us to feel pain! He doesn't have feelings! He's a dream demon..." I told her.

Eleanor looked up sharply. "I'm a dream demon."

I went silent. "Eleanor...no you're not..."

"Yes I am Dipper. He made me one..." She began crying.

I walked up to her and hugged her. She was freezing cold and her tears were golden. "Eleanor. Go to Bill, maybe he has another way to live."

"Dipper..."

"What?"

"Get away from me." Eleanor whispered.

I backed away slowly. "Elea-"

"You have to leave." Her head was bent down to stare at the ground.

"But-"

"You have to leave!" She screamed. "Or I'll kill you."

I felt like falling apart on the spot, but I didn't. "Go to Bill, Eleanor." I couldn't believe I was going to say this. "He'll help you."

Eleanor looked up. "I love you guys...please don't die. For me."

Mabel and I actually laughed. "Ok." Mabel said. "Ok." I said.

Eleanor got up. "If I come back...be prepared...I don't know what's going to happen."

I took Mabel's hand for reassurance. "Ok. Please be ok Eleanor."

She shrugged. "I'll try."

Eleanor raised her hands up and blue light shot up. It swirled around quickly, making a portal. She looked back down at us. She looked so much like Bill now and not Eleanor. "Good bye."

We waved and she disappeared into the portal.

 Eleanor was gone and Bill had taken her place.