Chapter 37

Dipper

I walked home solemnly. "Eleanor...why do you have to lie so much." I muttered as I opened the door to the shack. I walked in, but stopped when I heard a squishing sound. I paused and raised up my foot to see glitter-glue stuck to the bottom of my shoe. I looked up to see Mabel going crazy with arts and crafts.

"Mabel?" I said.

She looked up. "Hey Dipper! How was the visit with Wendy?" She asked.

"What? Wendy?"

"Yah...you said you were going to hang out with her and her friends..." Mabel said confused.

I froze. "Oh, ha ha, yah. I-it went well." I stammered. God! I forgot I lied to her!

"Ok?"

"Oh...well, actually, I-" I broke off nervously.

Mabel sat her glue gun and paper down and stared at me confused.

"I didnt go with Wendy..." I admitted.

Mabel blinked. "Then what did you do?"

I let out a long sigh. "I went to talk to Eleanor again, I think she's in trouble."

Mabel huffed and stood up. "Dipper, you should leave her alone, I think you're annoying her."

I blushed. No... "Mabel, something is going on and I'm not gonna sit by and let her push us around."

"She's not-"

"Yes she is! By letting her lie to us, keep secrets and more, we are letting her get her way." I explained.

Mabel shrank back and grabbed a marker. "Well...maybe she has her reasons." Mabel guessed.

"Well, maybe, but she seemed frightened. Like she was scared." I told Mabel. "She came out of her house all frantic and was yelling at someone. Her parents weren't home soooo-"

"Soooooo, stop being a creep!" Mabel told me as she drew a pony on the paper.

I frowned at her and stepped forward. "She needs help!"

Mabel let out an extra long sigh. "Ok. Let's go out...again."

I smiled slightly. "Thanks."

Mabel smiled back. "Let's go!" She raced to the door and I followed her out.