Chapter 18

Dipper

Bill drew his hand back and snuffed out the flame. "Ok, so, here's what you need to know." His eye lit up with interest. "Are you sure you want to know?"

I nodded. "Yes, what is this secret this she can't tell me about."

Bill turned around as if thinking.

I waited nervously.

Bill turned back around. "Ok, I gave her some information she can't share. I can't tell you, because she can't share it for a reason."

I grew infuriated. "Thats not an answer!" I screamed angrily.

"Oh well, you got your answer."

My journal started to glow. I guessed he got his paper.

"Bye!" The paper appeared in his hand and everything disappeared.

I woke up startled. All the candle flames had gone. Where the letter was, there was a replacement of a pile of ashes. I got up and looked around. "Bill tricked me. I should have known better." I felt so ashamed. How stupid could I be. Now I understood Eleanor.

I remembered her saying. "I trusted him! Even though I could sense evil I trusted him! And he broke my trust..."

I made myself hold back my tears of failure and walked home, still as dumb as before. When I entered the shack I was glad Mabel was out doing some weird girl stuff so I could be alone in my room. I pulled out my journal and inspected each page carefully. "Which page did you take Bill?" I wondered aloud. I came to the strange page, for what seemed like the super weapon. Something was different about it. It seemed slightly transparent. "Bill took this page..." I confirmed my question. "But why?" I shut the journal and tried to give myself some relax time. I lay down on my bed and tried not to think about all these problems. Bill was up go something big and I knew it.