Bigger

She stared with her piercing ocean eyes, and I stared back with mine, taking her in. It had been years since I'd seen Grandma Ady, but she hadn't changed much. She had the same pearl gray hair, and patchwork shawl that lay across her shoulders. The only thing that was different was the color of her muu muu. " Welcome home, Arabella," she said in her grave voice. I entered, feeling like an intruder in my own home. The way she was watching me made me feel as though she knew about the closet. " Excuse me granny, but it's late and I have to get some rest." 

" Indeed," she said. " I must retire as well." She walked down the hall opposite of mine, and into the guest room. Something wasnt right. I bid my parents their goodnights, and walked quickly to my room, trying not to seem suspicious. I quietly slid throught the door, and locked it, physically and magically.

Instantly when I stepped into my room, I was ovewhelmed with the stench of burnt toast. Uh oh. I sprinted across my room and into the closet. 

I almost fainted. A monster would have been much, much better. 

It was as if I had walked into a Galleria mall. Imagine white tiles, the Verizon and AT&T kiosks in the middle of the corridors. Imagine every store you can think of, and that's what stood in front of me. I ran down the corridors, and checked every store. Prada, Gucci, Chanel. Love Culture, Forever 21, Hollister, you name it, it was there!

I was overcome with vertigo. How did this happen? There was a crackle, similar to Rice Krispies and milk. "Isnt this wonderful?"

I spun around. Cindy. She twirled in a circle." Oh Arabella! Isn't awesome?" "Cindy, no!," I cried. " I didn't want all this!" 

Cindy's face darkened. " If you didnt want any of this, why did you do it in the first place." She pointed a slender finger at me. "You did this." I stared at her in disbelief before dashing back to my room. I sealed my closet. I looked through all the snippets I had used to make my dream come alive. Nothing. I turned Miranda Kerr"s photo over, and was devastated at what I saw. An ad, for a new mall, being built down the street. I was reduced to tears. My granny, was the head of the Ministerium. She makes and enforces the rules, and she was also twenty feet down the hall! I got in my bed and shut my eyes. I wished I could live in my dreams forever.

...

In the morning, I woke up to the sun shining on my face, birds chirping outside the window, and Cindy towering over my bed. "Cindy!," I cried, pulling the covers over myself. "Seriously! How'd you get out?" 

"Sweetie, I'm not of your thoughts! I'm magical too, and I'm trying to help you fix this!

"Cindy, Granny's down the hall!"

"No she's not," Cindy justified with her nose to the sky. "She, your mother, and your father, went to the farmers market in San Jose, thanks to me." I gazed up at her. Over the influence Cindy was just an act. "What do I do?," I asked. She didn't reply, she disappeared into the closet, and I followed.