Chapter 22

Memories hit me over and over and over again.

I haven't spoken to Mama R since that horrid day nine months ago. I haven't seen Ty since we got back from our honeymoon on July 28th. Its December 28th. It's been almost five months. I haven't seen Katie.

I haven't seen anyone. Everyone upped and moved to Cali with Ty.

I changed his contact name to Hubby.

I'm walking next to the wall that the river is next to.

Hubby: I miss you so much.

Me: I miss you too. I'm so mad there's this stupid holdup with the store. I haven't even picked paint colors yet.

Hubby: how about you pick them out?

Me: because it's easier said than done. Plus, I need second opinions and my baby isn't here :(

I love Savannah.

A toddler runs in front of me and I grab the railing as I come to an abrupt. My phone slips from my hand and into the water.

"Oh, oh god!" I gasp. I jump right into the ice cold river and grab my phone. I get out and rush back to my hotel and put my phone in rice.

Fuck.

<><>

I broke it. I tried everything to get it fixed. I even went to Verizon and tried to get a new phone, but I am not allowed because I am not the leader of the plan, Ty is.

I don't know our address and I don't know where to find Ty.

I've done everything I can. I even flew out there and looked all over.

It's been a year since I broke my phone. Tomorrow is the opening day.

I've been keeping tabs on Ty's amusement park, called Tygan Falls.

His opens in a month.

TY'S POV

"Ty, come on man." Chase says.

I've been in a sleeping bag in New York City.

I know if she comes looking for me, this will be the first place she'll come.

I refuse to get up until I find her.

I have a cardboard sign that says The Man Who Can't Be Moved and I have a photo of Megan and I'm telling people that if they see her, to tell her where I am and give her this?"

"Ty." Jared says. He's engaged to Katie.

"Guys, put yourself in my position." I say.

I'm literally famous for The Man Who Can't be Moved.

I even wrote a song about it.

A guy I don't recognize walks past.

"Excuse me?" I stop him. "If you see this girl, can you tell her where I am?" I ask.

He studies the picture for a long time.

"Sure." he says.

I hand him a CD. "And you can use this as a reference?" I hand him a photo of Megan.

"Okay."

"Her name is Megan Wesley. She's my wife."

It starts pouring.

"I'm not leaving!" I shout through the loud rain at Chase. "Not until I find her!"

A police officer comes over to me.