Chapter 5

VIEWER DESCRETION ADVISED

I REPEAT

VIEWER

DESCRETION

ADVISED

P.S. The pic on the side is Ty.

Ty was right. The months did fly past. The snow melted before I could blink. Then the flowers began to bloom, teens graduated high school, and then bam! it was July fourth.

"I'm so fucking excited. I bet Trace is still hot as fuck, oh god Megan, we're going back to the fucking squad!"

she's bouncing in her seat.

I have horrible anxiety of airplanes.

"Megan, if you don't stop fucking bouncing, we're going to crash and you won't see any of them. Sit still." I say through clenched teeth. My fists are so tight that my knuckles are white. I'm so scared. "Now please let my Melatonin kick in."

"Right, I forgot you hate airplanes." she says.

I'm too nervous to fall asleep, so I'm awake the whole flight.

When we touch the ground, I'm the first one off the plane, followed by Megan.

We get our stuff from baggage and I flag down a taxi.

I tell them my parents address.

I text Ty.

Me: Just landed.

I get a text from him.

Ty: I'm getting back on from layover. I gotta turn my phone off. Love you.

Me: love you too

We pay the driver when we get to my parents house.

It's packed with people.

I don't ring the bell like everyone else, I just walk in.

The house is empty. I bring my stuff upstairs and change into a red and white striped loose tank top with a beige push up bra, American flag short shorts, and red converse. I put on black sunglasses and brush through my hair and roll on some more deodorant before going downstairs.

I go out into the backyard.

The pool is filled and adults are running around to watch after their children.

The back door is left open so we can hear the doorbell.

I pull out my phone. I had one last text from Ty that said bye.

I don't bother answering. He's in the air with no service.

My family greets me with hugs. Some people from Georgia are here and some work friends of my Dad's.

Ben is sitting with his fiancé in his lap, whispering to her.

Katie marches off to flirt.

The doorbell rings and every time it does, Mom sprints off.

Dad has a giant tin tub that Midnight used to drink out of and he's filled it with ice and drinks.

I grab a beer and pop the top off and toss it in the trash. I greet Dad with a hug, along with one of his friends.