Chapter 18

NICO'S POV (Mentions of blades but nothing actually happens... Just thought I should warn you regardless!)

The next four months that followed were pretty uneventful. Just more kissing, hugging, and *cough* frisky times... But other than that, Nico was estatic for the day that Destiny's baby would be born. He/she was due any day now. From what he could tell, Percy was excited too. Nico and Percy had decided that once the baby was born, Nico would move into Percy's cabin. Nico found himself feeling, surprisingly, sad about leaving Cabin 13. It was like leaving an old part of his life behind.

And that's what he was doing today. Nico was cleaning out his cabin, deciding what to keep and what to throw away. Besides, he wanted to get rid of his blades but he couldn't remember where he used to hide them. Perhaps this cabin cleaning thing would have lots of upsides too. Sure, it was annoying as hell, but at least the old chapter of his life would be, at last, put to an end.

Nico sat down at his desk and began cleaning out the drawers. His hands shook every time he opened a new drawer. He didn't find anything exciting for the most part; just old papers and doodles. Then, he discovered a key. Nico narrowed his eyes and picked up the shining piece of metal. What was this for? He didn't recognize it at all. Nico dug around for awhile, but didn't discover what they key was for. Shrugging, he decided to keep it. After all, if he did eventually discover its use, then it would be a good idra to keep it. Nico put the key in a plastic bag and placed it safely into his suitcase.

Obviously, he kept all of his clothes, only throwing out shirts and jeans that were too worn to wear anymore. He even decided to keep his aviator's jacket, which he hadn't worn in months. The scars had faded for the most part, so he didn't need it anymore. Nico smiled to himself. Now that he had Percy, everything had been a lot better. Nico allowed Percy to be his happiness, and he was so glad that he did. Nico's life had been a lot better because of it.

A few hours later, Nico had finished packing. In the end, he was only taking his clothes, his old Mythomagic figures, some books, and other necessities. Nico was surprised that he didn't find a single blade in his search. Perhaps he'd already gotten rid of them and he didn't remember. Oh well, he wasn't going to dwell on the possibilities. What mattered is that they were gone and he would never have to see them again.

Nico started hauling his boxes and luggage over to Percy's cabin. Percy was out training new demigods in combat, so Nico didn't have to worry about bothering Percy while he settled in.

Once everything had been moved over, Nico claimed the bed next to Percy's. He put his dark bedsheets and blankets on that bed and soon it looked extremely cozy. Percy had labeled a bookshelf and desk that Nico could use, and Nico smiled. Percy had obviously been planning this for awhile.

The son of Hades began to place books on his shelf. His favorites, such as The Fault In Our Stars, Paper Towns, and The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire went at eye level, his second favorites went below that, and the books he didn't care for as much went on the top shelf and very bottom shelf. By the time he was done organizing, he felt proud. His section of the room looked tidy and neat, just the way he liked it. If only he could say the same for Percy's side. Old water bottles, snack containers, papers, and even crayons were scattered everywhere. Shaking his head in amusement, Nico began to tidy Percy's part of their room.