How to Be Drugged

I smiled to the crowd, my grip tightening on Tamaki's white sleeve.

This wasn't right. I yelled at Kyoya. I got mad at him and left him.

There was a pit forming in my throat, that threatened to spill into a long scream and an ugly crying meltdown. It would be a show stopping, ear splitting cry that I had no intention of stopping.

"Chin up, Antoinette. A beautiful girl such as yourself shouldn't have such a glum expression on her face. Remember... France?" Tamaki mumbled under his breath. I knew he was in a similar situation to me.

My eyes lit up at the thought of Tamaki and I running away from this deal, and my heart flickered.

That's right.

We were going to France to find our Mothers. 

That's when I would make it up to Kyoya.

I'd take him up to the Eiffel Tower and then tell him I loved him and that I'd give up my family name for him.

I'd tell him that the Kate bloodline has run its course - that I cursed the veins in my body and that the only family that mattered was the family that the Host Club created with me.

It wouldn't be so bad. Maybe we could live with Haruhi. She seemed to enjoy being a commoner.

We reached the end of the staircase, and my father cleared his throat.

He had a full head of hair that was slicked back, he had a freshly shaved face, and his dull eyes were now replaced with his fake happy toned eyes the public sees. The same false facade that Tamaki and I had pulled onto our faces.

"I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, huh?" I whispered to Tamaki, who nudged my warningly, afraid of what would happen if my father was to hear.

"We have an announcement to make," My father called out, clicking a glass of champagne in his hand to catch everyone's attention. "It is such a monumental occasion for the Kage family, myself as a father, and for my daughter. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in attendance..." As he proceeded with the speech, I looked around the wide ballroom of people.

I looked to see Kaoru, Hikaru, Honey and Mori dressed in black suits with a bouquet of roses.

Honey was waving his arms up and down to catch my eye, his happy smile was something I had grown to find comforting in my small time in networking with him.

But more importantly, Haruhi was wearing a simple black dress. My jaw dropped, seeing her in a dress made my heart flutter and my eyes dart nervously to Tamaki. Did he see her too? I'd have to tell her how beautiful she looked when I spoke to her next.

The smile plastered to her face as she gleamed up to Tamaki sunk my heart.

Those two are destined by fate.

Haruhi and the gang waved over to us. Tamaki placed his other hand on my arm that was entrapped in his own.

His shakey breathes staggered, I was nervous to let go of him. It may have been for fear he would fall over, or maybe it was because of my legs that shook, that I was the one who was afraid for once.

He's nervous. No, not nervous. He's scared. I followed his gaze to Haruhi. What would Haruhi think?

I could basically hear his thoughts entangle with my own.

What would Kyoya think?

"Chin up, Boy." Suou-san coughed. Tamaki and I both pressed our lips together to form the fakest and most believable smiles we could muster.