I ricocheted falling straight on my behind once again. I felt something in my hand crack, pain crawling up my arm. I sucked in a sharp breathe and looked up from the ground. My hair was covering my face but that didn't stop me from glaring at the old women standing behind the barrier.

My hair was a mess and I most likely looked like a monster. I was panting heavily and sweat coated my face. Using that much power always caused something to stir inside of me, something dangerous. I wasn't able to control my demon and this hadn't been the first.

"Meredithian." Rosaline shook her head at me in disappointment but I also saw the sadness behind those eyes.

I scoffed shaking my head, a smirk dancing on my lips. I pushed my hair back with my good hand and raised an impressed eyebrow at the old woman.

"Hello grandmother." 

Andrew's POV

I began pacing once again, feeling uneasiness fill my gut. Meredith was late. She had promised she would be back around 5pm. Now that it was almost 8, I was so close to ordering my men to check up on her.

"Calm down Andrew, I'm sure she's okay." Zach reassured, shuffling through a couple of papers on the table.

Zach and I had been going through new rounds and new forms of Protection. With Meredith here and Emma and Vivian gone, I felt our Pack needed to be more strict about Hunters. I couldn't afford any mistakes, and Zach agreed.

"She's late." I huffed, crossing my arms across my chest.

"She's strong and honestly she can take care of herself. Our Luna is strong." Zach said the last part with a lazy grin.

I frowned at that but didn't reply. Meredith still showed no sign of staying longer than our arrangement. No matter how hard I tried, it just seemed to make things worse. Things hadn't changed, even after the events two days ago. Meredith had showed signs of weakness and instead of bringing us closer, she seemed to be pushing me away more than she normally would. I never brought the topic up, but something about Ren was tugging at the back of my mind. It was as though there was a memory about William that I had forgotten or never remembered.

I sighed, running my hands through my already messy hair. I needed a way to get Meredith to stay. I was almost running out of options. I had taken her to the most expensive and amazing stores in the city. We'd look at the views from the hills and simply relax around the town but it was nothing to her. It was why I had only one option left and I was hoping it would work.

"I can't wait to meet her, Zach talks about her all the time. I'm so excited!" Cassandra, Zach's mate, exclaimed.

Cassandra was one of the most convivial person I had ever met. Not only was she kind, but she was preppy and playful as well. She didn't get offended easily -which was a good thing considering Meredith's cold demeanor- she was strong and easy to get along with. The whole Pack loved Cassandra's sociability. Back when I was still a teen, people had assumed Cassandra and I would be mated together.

But we all knew better. Zach was Cassandra's reincarnated mate. We didn't know that in the beginning but after Zach gained the memories of his past, he knew Cassandra was the one. The two of them were practically inseparable except when Zach had to go away on trips of course.

I was happy for the two of them. Back when William lived Collin, his beta, had a mate that was brutally murdered. Her body's remains were spread out on a field as a sign of war. Collin had gone mad and let the animal side of him take over. Zach had told me this story many times; he had nightmares that one day he would wake up and Cassandra wouldn't be there. Instead she would be in the front yard in pieces.