three.

When school was dismissed I sat outside and waited for my mom to come and pick me up. Normani had dance practice, Camila had book club, and Ally was doing community service with her church group.  It would probably be another hour before my mom picked me up. Which sucks because who wants to stay at school an hour longer than they have to. I pulled out my iPhone and started listening to music.  Then I felt someone tap me on my shoulder and turned around to see Lauren. "I thought that was you." She says as she sits next to me.

"How was your second day at school?" I ask.

"Pretty good. Oh but you were totally right about Mrs. Spears. She's a total bitch."

I laugh, "Told you so."

I start flipping through my music library and try to find a song. I choose Ride by Lana Del Rey. Lauren looks over notices what I'm listening to. She slides closer to me and asks, "You listen to Lana?"

"Yeah she's one of my favorites."

Lauren holds up her and for a high five and I give it to her. "Finally I found someone who listens to Lana."

For the next two hours Lauren and I sat there and got to know each other. Turns out she has a younger sister and brother. She's lived in London, California, Miami and New York. "So how did you end up in London?" I ask.

She tossed her long dark hair and said, "My dad is one of those fancy shmancy construction guys, you know the type that builds those fancy hotels and multi million dollar skyscraper office buildings? Well my dad got an offer and we moved to London."

"That sounds pretty awesome. I've only been out of the state once and that was on a church trip with my friend Ally. Matter of face I'll introduce you to my crew tomorrow."

She smiled and a gently pinched one of my cheeks, "You are so sweet. Honestly I was expecting to hate this place but so far you've made me feel really comfortable."

I swear she had the cutest smile I had ever seen. As we sat there staring at each other I just got this strange tingly in my stomach. And that's never happened before not even when I had a conversation with a cute guy.

Lauren pointed to a black truck sitting in the parking and said, "That's my mom so I should probably get going."

"Umm I was wondering if I could get your number so maybe we could help each other with Mr. Cowell's project."

We pulled out our phones and exchanged numbers. Before she left she gave me a hug and said, "Bye Y/N."

She walked to her mom's car and I said, "Bye Lauren."

After an hour of waiting my mother finally decided to show up. I hopped in the front seat and we drove home. As usual my mom wanted to start up a conversation by asking, "How was school today?"

"It was alright. What took you so long?" I asked.

"I lost track of time and I had to pick up your brother and drop him off at your grandparents."

I just shook my head because I know if I questioned her anymore it would result in an argument. Especially considering the fact I had a pretty amazing day, I was not in the mood for my mom's foolishness. When we got home I went straight to my room and closed the door. I put on my Spotify and played my music as loud as it would go.

I took out my stuff from my computer class and began brainstorming ideas for my project. So far all I got were five girls in a singing group, they were a pop band but other genres influenced their sound. All I needed was a name. So I took out a piece over paper and began scribbling down names. After five minutes I gave up.