one.

You stand in the mirror and take one finally look at yourself. A v-neck shirt, blue jeans, and white vans. This is your first day of your senior year outfit. Simple but comfortable.

" Y/N hurry up you're going to be late for school. " My mom loudly screams from the other room.

I grab my phone off the charger and plug my headphones in. Jacob, my younger brother walks out his room and grabs his book bag off the couch. He's going to third grade this year and he's super excited about it. Even though Jacob and I have the same mother we were total opposites. He looked up at me and asked, "Are you weady for school Coco?"

I know what you're thinking, why does he call me Coco? One day I was just sitting around watching tv drinking some hot chocolate, my favorite drink in the wintertime. Jacob asked me what was I drinking and I told him hot coco. And from that day on he started calling me Coco.

I gave him a pat on the shoulder and said, "Yeah I'm ready. How about you?"

He nodded and said, "I can't wait to see all of the pretty girls in my class."

My mom grabbed her keys off of the hook and we were out the door. We piled into the Honda and began our ride to school. While we were riding in the car my mom had the radio set on her Christian music. I don't have a problem with it, but I need something that's going to get me turnt up in the morning. I put my headphones in and tuned my mother out. We dropped off my little brother off first then we were off to my school. After my brother was out the car my mom decided to start a conversation with me, "I'm so proud of you. You're graduating this year and you're turning 18."

I reply, "Look don't try to play the proud mother now okay. I would've been better off living with my grandparents."

The relationship between my mother wasn't the best. Especially after child protective services sent me to live with my grandparents for a while. It got pretty ugly.I wasn't talking to my mom, my mom was pissed at my grandparents. What sucked the most was not being able to see my brother on a regular basis. We continued driving until we arrived at my school. I wrapped my headphones around my phone and stuff it in my pocket. "Have a good day Y/N." My mom says.

I grab my bag from the backseat and responded, "Yeah whatever."

I walk into the school and I feel butterflies in my stomach. I had been to this school for three years but at this moment I felt like I was a freshman all over again. I walked into the cafeteria and it was already filled with students. The guidance counselors had set up tables to pass out the students schedules. I stood in line for a few minutes and got my schedule.

First Semester

1. Desktop Publishing: Mr. Cowell, 512

2. Study Hall: Mrs. Griffith, Annex Library

3. US Government: Mr. Reid, 310

4. Hospitality and Tourism: Mr. Ogletree, Annex Cafeteria

I put my schedule in my bag and began scanning the cafeteria to find some of my friends. Then I hear a familiar voice yell, "Best friend!!" I turn around and see my best friend Ally running towards me. She wraps her short arms around me and gives me a bear hug.

"I missed you too Ally." Then someone tapped me on my shoulder. It was my other two friends Normani and Camila. Next thing you know we are all sharing a group hug in the middle of the cafeteria.

"I hope we have at least one class together." Camilla says as she is looking over her class schedule. We all nodded in agreement. Then the bell rang meaning it was time to go to class. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. I didn't need any help finding my first class because I had already had Mr. Cowell for a teacher both my sophomore year and junior year. I walked into Mr. Cowell's class and yelled, "What up Mr. C!"

He cupped his face with his hands and said, "You have got to be kidding me? I have to teach you again Y/N?"

"Oh don't be like that Mr. Cowell you know I'm you're favorite student."

He just shook his head and began writing on the whiteboard. I took a seat in the front of the classroom and waited for class to start. After saying the Pledge of Allegiance class had begun. The first day of school was usually full of bullshit. The teacher went over their rules, talked about the material, and gave us a bunch of papers to take home. After desktop publishing I was off to study hall. When I walked in the classroom Normani was sitting in the back listening to her music. I immediately took the seat next to her. She took out her headphones and says, "Y/N I am so glad to see you. I thought I was going to sit here all by myself."

"I'm happy to see you too. I could use this class time for nap time."

Mrs. Griffith takes attendance and says, "This is study hall. You may do your homework or sleep. But do not disturb me or the other students."

I plug in my headphones and lay my head down on the desk. Slowly I begin drifting off into a deep sleep.

Two Months Later

"Okay class I want to talk to you about your next project." Mr. Cowell says after he takes a sip of his coffee.

There was a knock on the door and the kid in front of me opened the door. One of the guidance counselor assistant's came in and said, "Sorry to interrupt Mr. Cowell but you have a new student. This is Lauren."

Lauren walked in a took a seat in the back of the classroom. My friend Justin watched her as she took her seat . He tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Yo the new girl is smokin hot!"

I laughed at him and said, "Dude keep it in your pants."

-----------

Hey let me know what you guys think! Should I continue or nah?!?! leave comments and suggestions!!!

Follow me on twitter: _starbuckssss