Chapter 18: He's dead

Chresanto's POV

Why are you speeding? Calm down! You're skipping red lights too. Don't complain when the police come fo' yo' ass!

- Why weren't you answering?..................................... You was busy? Busy doing what?! Fucking one of your side hoes?!................................................................ Yes, I'm driving!....................................................... Com'on, man, just come!................................... She ain't with me. I left her at the crib. ..................................................................................... Shit, if you want your so called girlfriend to come, then let that hoe come!.................................................................. She is not with me, goddammit! Do you understand English?!.................................................................... Yeah, meet me at the school. Aight, see you there.

I turn off my phone and speed my way to school. There isn't any school today. So it is the perfect location to end everything. Finish, demolish, everything once and for all. And I'm being very generous because I could have made everyone come in the woods or the forest, whatever the fuck that was. But I didn't do that. Not everyone is nostalgic like me, you know. I pull up at the school and I am the first one to arrive, of course. Which is good because it gives me time to prepare my stuff, me and to rethink my actions and decisions.

Am I doing the right thing?

No, you are not.

That's what you call revenge?

No, it is not revenge.

Is it really Jacob that killed Adrienne? Why? And what for?

Yes, he killed me. Where in the 21st century and we're talking about a group of young, dumb teenagers. The only reason to kill someone else is because of jealousy. Not jealous of me, jealous of you. And he wanted to see you suffer. That is why he did not kill you but decided to murder the second person you value the most, which was me.

Should I really kill Jacob or let him live?

You should let that guy live! It is not your decision to make whether he is going to live or not. What happened to simply calling the police and filling a report?

Am I a bad person?

If you continue acting like this, then you'll become a bad person. You already assaulted Kathleen and now you wanna kill Jacob. That seems pretty bad to me, don't you think?

If Adrienne was still alive, would she be proud of me?

Now you know I wouldn't. I did not fall in love with a upcoming criminal. I fell in love with Chresanto August. I fell in love with a nice, respectful, attractive, smart guy. A guy that was about to have a good future. A guy that was going to build his own family one day and marry the love of his life. I did not fall in love with... this guy. This isn't the Chresanto I know. This isn't you.

Adrienne wouldn't be proud of me and I know that already. No girl, no one should admire a criminal. That's what I am, though. That's what I will be if I don't act now. But you know what? Fuck it. You only live once and to make things fair, nobody is coming out of here alive. Not even me. Not even you. So why don't we start early? Why don't we start by Jacob? Just like you sped the process for Adrienne, Imma speed the process for you. How you like them apples? Motherfucker. I hear loud footsteps coming towards me. It's Rayan and... Michaela? They still together? How?

- So what was the emergency, man?! Why you want me to come up here so fast?

I didn't even listen to him because I'm still in shock. After all he has done to her, they are still together? She doesn't know... a thing? Like Michaela is still clueless. Well, shit, since they've made it so far, I would not want to know that, if I was Michaela, my boyfriend has been cheating with me with more than three bitches. Man, Rayan's "love" life is fascinating!