Chapter 12

I decide to go for a walk. I need to get some fresh air. When I about to go past Mr. Jimmison's I see a lot of things happening. It's the lady who bought Everest fighting with Mr. Jimmison and... Everest! He's going back into the paddock, but he's bucking, kicking and rearing.

"Everest!" I call to him. He perks his ears forward and nickers. I run to the paddock but the man holding the lead rope holds me back with his arm.

"Watch out, ma'am. He's dangerous." he says. Dangerous? Everest is not dangerous. I walk over to Mr. Jimmison.

"That horse nearly killed my daughter!" The lady protests. Nearly killed her? What on earth happened during these past few months?

"She fell off. It happens to everyone." Mr. Jimmison says.

"Well, either way. I'm not going to let it happen again and I will not have that horse in my barn anoth-"

"I'll take him." I cut her off. They both look at me. Mr. Jimmison looks surprised and the lady looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Works for me." She says, walking of the truck with the man. Mr. Jimmison gestures for me to take my horse. I hug him then go to see my boy. I wrap my arms around his neck and I jump on him. I put the lead rope around his neck and ride him to my house.

My mom steps outside. "Is that Everest?" she asks. I nod, a huge grin on my face. My mom is less enthusiastic, but who could blame her? She didn't know this would happen.

"The lady didn't want him anymore, so I got him!" I exclaim. I jump off and lead Everest in the barn. I put him in the stall and feed him. He scarfs it down like he hasn't eaten in a week. Poor boy. But I have my baby boy back now. This is the best day ever!

I feel so happy to have him here.