Boys Will Be Boys

The other day I wouldn't have imagined my confidence being this high since the day I moved to New York. Somehow I was able to pick my ego off the floor. It had ran away from me when Mr. Emotionless had been trying to woo himself into my panties.

Today was a brand new day though. I had decided to wear a tight little black dress. The curvature of my hips had indeed attracted several pairs of eyes. I was happier walking away from a potentially emotionally harmful relationship and there was nothing standing in my way.

Thump! I almost fall to my death bumping into a tall figure while walking down the street in my platform heels. The strong grip of a handsome fellow is holding me by the waist so that my back doesn't hit the sidewalk. "Are you ok Miss?" He asks me while standing me up straight.

I dust off my dress tending to get all the wrinkles out. "Umm.. yeah, I'm-" I stop for a brief moment looking up at the tall character.

Handsome isn't even the word to describe this beautiful man. I'm blessed with a beautiful face. His short partially spiked dark hair and bushy eye brows meet with that of his dark eyes. I'm not even sure if they're a dark brown or just all around black. Then my eyes meet his peach colored lips, they're a decent size for his 6'2" stature. "Ma'am?" He asks me.

I shake my head quickly to stop my infatuation. "Yes, yes, I'm alright. Thank you, and I'm sorry." I say hastily.

The warmth of his arm wrapped around my waist is replaced quickly with emptiness, and I'm upset to feel it gone. "Are you sure you're ok ma'am?" He asks once again.

If you keep looking at me like that I won't be. My subconscious flirtatiously states. "Umm, yeah, I wasn't paying attention where I was going. It's my fault." I shake my head vigorously as my mouth will not stop yammering away.

"Well then, I will be on my way then," he nods his head in a dismissive way.

Don't let him leave you idiot! You're never going to see a man that good looking ever again! I roll my eyes at my subconscious she always wants a piece of the action. My virginity is at stake with her trying to assume control. I stand their idly watching as he saunters into the building of Hale Incorporated.

No fudging way!

He's walking into the same building as I work. This has got to be some sort of cruel joke. I hastily make my way into the tall skyscraper which I'm followed in by the rest of the rushing crowd of workers. The loud chatter is soon dispersed by everyone going to their jail cells. I wait in the middle of the building where there are six elevators. Three on each side.

The tall clean-cut hunk waits to the right of me along with a crowd of business men and women on their cell phones, or quickly fixing their suits to look presentable. I catch my eyes wandering in Mr. Hunk's direction. His suit is easily worth a thousand bucks if that. The navy blue color fits his humble demeanor. He's that type of guy who makes the girls all dreamy. He's that type of guy who I wanted him to possess all of me, for all of me and not just for my physical aliment. Your virginity is not an aliment. My subconscious snarled at me.

Mr. Hale is constantly on my mind for some reason, but when I think about him I think about what he wants to do to me. Not for what he wants to do with me, or for me. It's all a game of cat and mouse. He's the lion and I'm the gazelle. I feel more like a sheep in his eyes.