5.

KENDALL

Dear Book-Girl,

 Would it be weird if I said I'm proud of you? I hope not.

But I'm seriously happy that you stood up to your parents like that. You should get to choose what you want to do with your life. And I appreciate that you understand.

I know you didn't say it, but I'm good with context clues I guess. So thanks.

 It's almost Halloween. I'm so freaking excited.

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Period. My best friend and I were going to go as Batman and Robin, but we kept arguing over who was Batman and who was Robin. So instead, I told him to be Batman and I'm going as a skeleton. He'll be the only one in spandex, haha!

We do go trick or treating, however we go like a half hour away, so no one actually knows us. Hey, it's free candy.

But we're also going to a party. My friend, he goes to a different school, one of his other friends is having a party Halloween night. I like the party scene. I mean, no one's gonna know who I am, cause either (a) they don't know me cause I go to a different school; or, (b) because I'm going to have a skeleton mask on.

Not much to lose.

What are your Halloween plans? What are you dressing up as?? Any parties? If you need help with a costume, let me know, I'm creative. Kind of.

Gah I'm so excited!

Guitar-Guy

Kendall could literally feel Guitar-Guy's excitement as she read the letter.

It was about a week before Halloween and Kendall had decided that she wouldn't do anything for the occasion.

Maybe she'd read Frankenstein or Dracula to get into the holiday spirit.

Kendall expected Guitar-Guy to go to a party. He seemed popular, he seemed like everyone would like him.

 She liked him and she hadn't even met him.

 Kendall was sitting in the park near Thames Street.

She was sitting at one of those stone tables where you usually see old people playing chess. Since winter was approaching and Baltimore became a bit chilly, there were no old people playing chess. Just her, sitting at a table reading a letter from a boy who she doesn't even know the name of, yet she was smiling brightly.

She didn't quite know what it was about this mystery boy that intrigued her so much, or that made her like him. However, Kendall couldn't help but be thankful she got the opportunity to speak to such an amazing guy.

 She carefully started her next letter at that stupid stone table.

ALEX *

Hello Guitar-Guy,

 I'm really happy you figured it out. I felt awkward saying something to you about it, so I was hoping you'd be clever enough to figure it out.

 I'm currently writing you from the park over by Thames Street. It's chilly out, but it's refreshing. Nature has that calming effect on me. There's a few boys skateboarding kind of near me. They look like their having fun.

 I can't help but wonder if somehow one of those guys is you. I can't see faces, I'm too far away, but they look around our age.

 This is the weird part about all of this. You're so close yet so far. You could be the weird kid who sits next to me in Calc for all I know. I really hope you're not, because that would mean you eat your boogers. I'm sorry if you are.