14.

KENDALL

Christmas and New Year's had past, with letters going back and forth as per usual between Kendall and Guitar-Guy.

There had also been text messages going back and forth almost every day between Kendall and Jack.

She had actually ran into the guys while at a coffee shop and they ended up hanging out there for a couple hours, talking about how their breaks we're going along with Jack and Alex's usual banter.

Kendall had received Guitar-Guy's last letter which was written on New Year's Day.

Hi-

This is probably going to be my shortest letter ever.

I have such a bad hangover. I blame my friends.

Long story short, we went to the party, had a few drinks, weren't having much fun, then decided to go back to my place, play some music and drink some more. Somehow, I got on my roof. I mean it's not hard to get up on it from my window but I haven't gone up there since like October or some shit cause I'm afraid of falling.

Thank god I didn't, otherwise you'd have a dead friend.

But hey, I didn't die or get severely injured so that's always good.

I hope your New Years went well. We go back to school soon. Like what three days or something like that?

As strange as it sounds, I'm excited to go back. There's some people I want to catch up with. The work I'm not too excited for, but that's kind of a given.

I haven't really asked you many questions in a while. I mean sure, I know a ton about you, but what about your thoughts on the world? There's somethings that I just haven't asked that I would probably know if we spent a night under the stars just mouthing off about the world. I could definitely see us doing that sometime. I hope we get to.

I'll talk to you soon, back when we're both in hell (school),

Guitar-Guy

Kendall laughed aloud at how weird Guitar-Guy was. He could jump from one random subject to another.

Some of the randomness could be accredited to his hangover, but he did tend to do that every once in a while. Also he said that he was going to ask her questions, but never did.

Kendall laughed again and shook her head.

"What are you laughing at?" Alex asked smugly as he placed his books down on the lab table.

It was the first day back at school after winter break, and the school had an unwelcoming chill and it's natural gloom to it.

Kendall was huddled in blue skinny jeans and a blink-182 sweatshirt while Alex, had on jeans and a plain black t-shirt.

"Oh nothing, just read a letter from my pen pal. He's an idiot, but he's alright I guess," she replied happily.

"I hate the fact that you're so happy and smiley cause it's Monday and it's cold and I really don't want to be here," Alex said, sitting.

"Then maybe you should've worn more than a t-shirt," she laughed.

"Maybe, but too late to change that now. Unless you wanna give me your sweatshirt."

"Oh hell no Gaskarth. I only have a tank top on under this," Kendall replied.

Alex smirked, "All the more reason to take it off."