10.

A/N Hi  everyone! I know this didn't post the first time so I took the chapter down and (hopefully) here it is!

________________

ALEX

Needless to say, Alex was nervous for lunch that day.

He wasn't quite sure why he had asked Kendall to sit with him and the guys.

He had actually taken a liking to the dark haired girl. She was intriguing.

Alex wanted to break Kendall out of her introverted shell, and meet the girl on the inside.

After the end of English, Alex ditched Rian and went straight for his locker, changing his books.

With the small mirror that was strategically placed in his locker, he checked his hair.

Once satisfied, he closed his locker and went in search of Kendall.

Alex knew the general area in which her locker was.

He was relieved to see her, changing books. Kendall was standing on her tippy toes to try and reach the top shelf to grab something.

Alex, slid next to her and got it for her with ease.

She smiled at him, "Thanks."

"No problem. You almost ready?" He asked warmly.

She nodded then turned back to her locker.

The two comfortably walked to the lunch room, people were looking at them too. Alex knew Kendall noticed because she held her tattered composition book tighter against her chest.

Alex didn't mind the attention though; he was kind of used to it. He had, as Jack liked to call it, 'friends in high places.'

Alex and the guys were very friendly with some jocks, mainly the football and basketball teams. Rian was friends with a lot of the nerds and geeks, which made Alex friendly with them, and Jack was friends with well, everybody. Everybody knew Alex, but Alex didn't know everyone.

There was also this unspoken rule that no one ate lunch with Alex, Rian and Jack unless asked. It wasn't something that was asked often, and when it did happen, it was usually a girl that one of the guys were dating for a while.

So when the quiet Kendall Carney walked into the lunch room with the Alex Gaskarth, it was shocking to everyone else.

Alex could see people whispering to their neighbor while looking at the pair. He could also sense Kendall's discomfort.

He glanced over at her, "Just ignore them, they're all idiots."

When lunch actually started, Kendall visibly relaxed.

She spoke easily with Jack and Rian and Alex admired that.

Despite the fact that Kendall was seen as shy, she in fact wasn't. She was just quiet and observant.

"Kendall, why do you carry that book everywhere?" Jack asked, pointing to the battered old composition book.

"It's like my child. I've had it for years and I can't bring myself to buy a new one, I love this one too much," Kendall replied.

Rian raised an eyebrow, "What's in it? Is it a diary or something?"

"Oh god no. It's mainly poetry and plot ideas. Some are summaries of dreams I've had. There's even a few pages dedicated to a short story or something. The entire book has doodles too," she explained.