“I asked her if she also goes to your school,” the girl said.

“I asked her if she was your girlfriend,” the boy said simultaneously.

Once again, Juliet felt her blood rising to her face as she stood awkwardly by the bed. Clarence let out a large laugh and squatted down to ruffle their hairs.

“Woah there, kiddos. Where did you get that idea?” he asked them, amusement clear in his voice.

“We overheard you talking with mom at the kitchen while you’re both setting breakfast.” The girl replied, pouting as she tried to push his hand away.

Clarence laughed again as he straightened up. He lifted his gaze to Juliet and she saw a teasing glint in his eyes. ”Right. Okay little monsters,” he said without heat, “this is Juliet. Juliet, these freaky monsters are my siblings, Alex and Alexa.”

“While we’re on the topic, breakfast is ready.” He said to the twins who both raced out of the room immediately. His eyes never left hers, and a smirk was slowly appearing on his face.

“Right, let’s go, Juliet. Ready for breakfast?” He asked her.

“Almost.” She said, looking around. “Do you have something for hang-overs? Mine seems to want to crack my skull open,” she asked, wincing.

Chuckling, Clarence went to the side table and picked up a glass of tea that she hadn’t noticed earlier.

She took the glass and eyed it for a while, gauging its taste by its looks.

“Don’t worry,” Clarence said, grinning. “It’s my mom’s homemade tea. I guarantee it tastes good.”

She nodded and took the tea at one gulp, and found herself surprised that it actually did taste good.

“Wow, this is delicious,” she said to him. “I’d go ask your mom later on for the recipe, if it’s okay.”

“Oh, be my guest,” he said, chuckling. “I bet you’d rather feel you didn’t ask by the end of the day.”

“Really? Why?” She asked as they went through the door and to the living room.

“You’ll know when you meet my mother,” he replied, grinning.

With a smile, Juliet let her gaze wander around the living room. A gleaming television set complete with DVD players, home speakers and Xbox took up the lion’s share of space. Plush seats scattered on the floor, with the black leather sofas by the wall. Hanged picture frames decorated the cream-colored walls. They passed by a standing mirror and she remembered that her clothes were changed.

“Hey, who changed my clothes?” She asked, narrowing her eyes at him. “Don’t tell me it was you.”

Clarence let out a naughty smirk. “That would be lovely. Unfortunately, my mother thought otherwise so she’s the one who changed your clothes.”

“Your mother?” She gulped, embarrassed. “Did she see it?”

His posture changed, a little tense now, though his gaze remained gentle as he processed her words. He knew she was asking about her bruise.

“Yes,” he replied. “But don’t worry, I asked my mom not to ask you about it if you don’t want to.”

She smiled gratefully and went with him.

“By the way, nice panties. I saw them when I placed you down the bed.” He said, laughing as they made their way to the kitchen.

Juliet felt her cheeks grew hot and gave him a light shove.