CHAPTER 56: Confessions

Start from the beginning

After we finished eating, we all moved to the living room and sat down to talk. I could feel my hands clamping up now. I was starting to feel more nervous again. Eth noticed it and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"So, Hayley and I have something we want to tell you," Eth announced to his parents and Elliot, who were sitting in front of us. 

"What's up?" Elli asked. 

"I'm…" My breathing sped up and I looked down at my feet. I was feeling nervous again. Ethan grabbed my hands and squeezed them. "I'm…" 

I remembered feeling like I couldn't breathe and the last thing I saw was darkness.  I had passed out. When I woke up, everyone was staring down at me worriedly and I was lying down on the couch. 

"Hayley? Are you alright?" I tried to sit up and they helped me to it.

"What happened?" I croaked. 

"You fainted," Anna told me. "Are you alright? Have you not been eating or sleeping well?" 

"No, it's normal," Eth told her.

"Normal?" Keith asked in disbelief. "How is this normal?" 

"Mom, dad, Elliot," Eth breathed. "Hayley and I wanted to tell you that we're going to have a baby. Hayley's pregnant." 

"What?" Anna gasped. 

"A baby?" Elliot said in surprise. 

"Yes," I confirmed with a small nod. 

"We're going to be grandparents?" Keith asked happily. 

"Yes." 

"I'm going to be an uncle!" Elli cried and pulled me up to my feet. The movement made my head spin but I was too happy to care. He hugged me tightly and I was shocked at his expression. I was surprised at Anna and Keith's expressions too. They were both really happy about the baby. 

"Are you really pregnant, Hayley?" Anna asked me. 

"Yes, I'm 2 months along." 

"Oh, my goodness! This is so exciting! We're going to be grandparents, Keith!" 

"Are you guys really sure you want to keep the baby? You both haven't finished college yet." 

"We're definitely sure." Through all the excitement, Eth still managed to think and worry about me. He paused and looked at his parents. 

"But mom, is Hayley's pregnancy going to be affected by her back?"

"Well, I haven't thought of that," she said. "I don't think it will affect the baby but it will probably make the pregnancy harder for Hayley."

"How come?" I questioned, not liking the sound of it.

"Hayley's back gets worn out easily on a normal basis so from the weight of the baby, it's probably going to make it worse," Anna explained.

"Oh, that sucks." 

"Yeah, but everything's going to be worth it when we get to see our baby," I told Eth. We all calmed down and settled on the couches in the living room.

"How's your morning sickness been, Hayley?"

"It's been terrible," I sighed. "I have it every morning."

"Oh, I know how that feels. I'll give you some home remedies to make you feel better."

"Thank you." 

After talking about the baby some more, Eth and I had to leave since it was getting late. The next morning, I woke up feeling sick again and Eth made some of the remedies that his mom suggested. She had given a list of some different teas to try. Ginger tea seemed to work the best.

At around lunch time, Eth and I took a shower together and halfway through getting dressed, the doorbell rang. Eth quickly finished while I looked for comfy clothes. I finally dressed in a sweater and some sweat pants. After finishing up, I went downstairs.

"Hey, Hayley!" Leah greeted. 

"Hi, Hayles," Seth added. 

"Oh, hey!" 

"We heard you were feeling sick so we decided to come and visit you." 

"Oh, thanks. Where's Amy?" 

"She's at preschool." 

"Oh, okay." 

Eth took a seat next to me and wrapped his arms around me. Leah and Seth sat down on the other couch and we turned on the tv. We put a movie on and watched it together. Eth had his arms around me the whole time and he was rubbing my stomach. In the middle of the movie, an idea popped into my head as I saw that Seth and Leah were excitedly watching the movie. I whispered it to Eth and he grinned at me.

"Hey, Seth, Leah, do you guys want to be godparents?" I asked them.

"Sure," Seth answered absentmindedly. Eth and I waited a while to see their reaction. They still hadn't realized what I had said. Leah's eyes suddenly widened and she looked at Eth and me. Seth mimicked her reaction and looked at us.

"Oh, my god!" Leah cried and jumped up. 

"Holy shit! Are you pregnant, Hayley?" Seth asked. I gave them a small nod and they both cried in excitement. 

"Are you serious?" Leah questioned. 

"Yes, I'm 2 months pregnant."

"Oh, my god! That's great!" Leah came over to hug both Eth and I and Seth did the same.

"Congratulations!"

"Thank you."

"Gosh, I remember when I was pregnant," Leah gushed and we all sat down on the couches. 

"Are you guys gonna be popping out some of your own anytime soon?" Eth joked. 

"Not for a while. We want to finish school first and Amy's perfect for us right now. You guys feel free to go ahead and have more kids." 

"Sure," I laughed. 

"I'd love for that to happen," Eth joked, winking at me. Everyone laughed at him while I slapped him playfully. One baby's enough for now. I mean, we were only 18 and we haven't even finished school yet.

"I'm joking, babe. I'm joking," Eth laughed, pulling me closer to him.

"You're 2 months so you're gonna be due in…" 

"March," I told Leah. 

"I'm so excited." 

"We are too." 

"You're going to be 5 months pregnant during the wedding." 

"Wait, you're having the wedding in November?" 

"Yeah," Seth confirmed, smiling at Leah. "We've been thinking about it lately and I think we've got the date set." 

"Oh, what is it?" 

"November 15th." 

"Cool. Is there anything special to it?" 

"It's going to be our anniversary." 

"Wow, that's so sweet." 

"I know," Leah giggled, pecking Seth on the lips. 

"I'm gonna look so fat in a dress," I whined playfully. 

"I think you're going to look beautiful," Eth said, smiling at me. He wrapped his hands around me and started rubbing my belly. 

"Thank you," I muttered back to him before kissing his cheek.