Chapter 174 - "I'm taking my sons back with me."

The silence that prevailed was frightening; none of them knew what to say. They had no idea how long he had stood there. His intentions were unclear and from how they were at the moment, most of them weren't in the condition to fight. Nate only recently had his stitches removed, Jake had been on crutches for a day, Sarah was not a fighter, Jules was depressed, and Bronsted hadn't fully healed.

Plus, they were not in at some random land where they could flee, they were in his medical facility in the middle of nowhere; they could try to run away but without knowing what direction to go and how long it would take, who was to say they would survive that escape.

None of them moved.

The first to speak next was Cesar, but not for what they had expected. Jake, who had collapsed onto the ground, was attempting to latch onto anything and push himself back onto his feet. However, he was still getting accustomed to using all his strength on one side, hence standing was more difficult than it should be.

When Cesar noticed that, he raised an eyebrow and in such a delicate singsong angelic tune, he said softly, "Do you need help?"

Jake felt his cheeks flared red; Wolf's eyes were something else. They seemed to be peering through his skull, and the tone of voice he used sounded as if he was...flirting...

"Damn, he's cute," Jake blurted accidentally. That was definitely not well received from the whole room, especially Jules who glared in his direction; that was a strange way of speaking about his father. Everything got worst when Cesar giggled, but it sounded so feminine, cute, and bouncy, such innocence radiating from it, and when he raised his palm over his lips, Jake noticed the violet paint nails once again.

"What are you doing here?" Finally, the talk that they had been waiting for was underway. Dante had stepped forward, folding his arms in front of his chest and narrowing his eyes cautiously.

Cesar folded his hand behind his back, a smile twirling the ends of his glossed lips. "There's a discussion we must have, now that you're all here."

Dante swallowed hard; Cesar was too peculiar and way too difficult to read. He was still smiling, even his eyes squinting, as if this was one of the best days of his life. "I want you all to know that if it hadn't been for Nate, I would've killed you all and saved the love of my life."

"We figured as much," Dante responded sternly. "Why were you on the battlefield?"

Cesar lifted his chin; Dante felt as though Cesar was looking down at him even though Dante was taller. "Draco told me that Nathan was my son, born from Judith. He also told me Jules was alive. After he told me that, I couldn't let myself be apart from my sons any longer, and I decided to come take Nathan with me. I had no idea Julian would be here as well, but that made his finding much easier." Cesar's eyes twisted to Jules who avoided his gaze. "I had no idea that I made you flee; I apologize to you, Julian." Jules didn't respond, simply tightened his arms across his chest. It was clearly hurting Cesar who bit his bottom lip, his eyes instantly filling with tears. "I never meant to drive you away. You mean the world to—"

"What do you want with us, Cesar?"

His attention returned to Dante who had again taking a step closer, his fists tightening at either sides of him.

Cesar cleared his throat, wiping his cheeks from the tears that had leaked, but his bottom lip still quivered. "Draco told me about your planned attack as well. I came to the base expecting for a fight, however," his eyes began to quiver again and he held in his breath for a moment, as if the next words that he needed to say were too hard on his emotions, "I found your base completely destroyed and the love of my life...immolated...I need a second..."