Chapter 60 - "Would you like to answer for your older brothers, Melissa?"

He was the last brother to arrive, widening his arms as he stepped inside the council room. It was where their troop had meetings if any danger needed to be shared, but he found it surprising that only his brothers were there when he entered.

"Why were we summoned?"

Dante hadn't seen any of them since their reunion at Tyler's home. He hadn't heard any news regarding Jules, Tyler, or even Raphael, but he sure as hell wasn't looking for any updates about them either. They had failed to find out where Nate was being held captive, but the worst part that he couldn't wrap his head around, was that Jules was going to tell them and Raphael stopped him. They had done everything right, but someone on their own side decided to destroy their plans, making all their efforts go down in vain.

He was still furious, hence he didn't want to see his siblings whatsoever. However, his father rarely summoned them for a meeting; usually it was when their base was being targeted and they had to flee or they had a dangerous threat on their tails; that was why he decided to show. "Father never summons us."

"I figured it had something to do with Jules' torture." Bronsted was sitting on the table, snacking on his chips as he narrowed his eyes at Molly who tried to grab one. "He might be upset with that since we didn't tell him."

Dante furrowed his brows, glancing towards the others. "When do we ever tell him anything—?"

"We don't fucking know why we were brought here, alright?!" They we're all stunned by the sudden snarl from Reno who lifted his head for a second before scoffing and turning away. "You all talk way too much." The shadow that surrounded his eyes had never been there before, as if he hadn't slept for a weeks. They were sharp and narrowed, somber and gloomy, and his disheveled hair only made it appear worst.

But Dante had done nothing to him. "What the fuck is up with this guy?"

"We don't have to talk about it." Bronsted had been the one listening to Reno's venting ever since they had left Tyler's location. He was the one that caressed him when he cried, that calmed him when he convinced himself fighting Lucius was going to resolve his overwhelming grief. Even worse was they had no idea what had been done to Walker's body—the only person that knew was Lucius and he refused to share that information when Bronsted questioned him.

This meeting was the first time he was facing Lucius again ever since he watched him murder his best friend. He had shot him in the face repeatedly, stepped on his convulsing body, as if Walker had been a mere fly that buzzed too close to him. And that was why Reno was unable to maintain his composure, watching Lucius roll his eyes and fold his arms, leaning against the wall with a lit cigarette at the edge of his mouth.

"You want to know what's wrong with me?!" He stood to his feet, his hands already squeezed into fists as he turned towards his brother nonchalantly exhaling the fumes from his cigarette, glancing elsewhere but the raucous Reno had created.

Dante slowly shook his head. "I really don't—"

"What's wrong is that Lucius has been going around killing anybody he wants and we can't do anything about it!" His finger violently pointed in his brother's direction and Bronsted stopped chewing when he saw Reno take a step forward. "He killed Walker for no reason."

A silence fell onto the room, all of them waiting for a response from Lucius. Dante was in alert, preparing himself to lunge towards Lucius if any sort of weapon was brandished since he knew Lucius was one to have no mercy when his rage surfaced. Reno was breathing heavily, his gritted teeth showing as he lifted his chin, awaiting a reaction. However, the reaction never came, at least not one he expected.

Lucius inhaled a long take from his cigarette, lifted his chin and blew it in the air. Then, with a smirk tugging at the end of his lip, he yawned and closed his eyes.