Always

"It's cold," Taylor whispers as she scoots herself closer to you beneath the duvet.

You chuckle softly and pull her on top of you, smiling softly.

She rests her head on your chest, craving your warmth. Her finger traces languid, loving patterns on your sweater, which you stole from her.

To be fair, her sweater is also stolen from you.

You sigh contentedly, running your fingers through her hair. The gentle rhythm of her breathing soothes you, a perfect counterpoint to the steady beat of your heart.

"Remember our first winter together?" you murmur, your voice a low rumble in the quiet room. "When we got snowed in and had to make that makeshift fireplace?"

Taylor giggles softly. "How could I forget? You were so determined to make it work. I thought we'd burn the house down."

You grin, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "But we didn't. And it was one of the best nights of my life."

She lifts her head to meet your eyes, her gaze warm and filled with love. "Mine too. We've had so many wonderful moments, haven't we?"

You nod, feeling a swell of emotion. "And we'll have many more. As long as we're together."

Taylor smiles, a soft, radiant smile that makes your heart skip a beat. She leans in, her lips brushing against yours in a tender kiss. "Always," she whispers.

all i ask for is this with her