Mine Alone To Disgrace I

"I just don't understand, Taylor," you whisper, head dipped as you fidget with the ring on your finger.

"What do you mean?" Taylor asks, setting her guitar down. She moves closer to you and allows you to bury your head in her chest.

Your hand slips beneath her shirt, fingers brushing over her lower stomach gently.

You hear her let out a soft sigh as she leans back against the couch, arms around you.

"It's just," you sigh, sitting up slightly so all your weight isn't on her. "The song is called But Daddy I Love Him, and..."

"Well, darling..." Taylor hesitates slightly, trying to find the right way to phrase this without sounding rude.

"Look," she says. "I can't title it But Daddy I Love Her, 'cause, then..."

"No, I know," you say, your voice cracking slightly. "I know that. People would talk. But, Tay..."

She looks a little irritated when you sit up to look into her eyes.

You furrow your brows, trying not to let your hurt show through your voice. "In the song, you say you're having his baby."

A little annoyedly, Taylor groans. "Y/N, I can't say I'm having your  baby."

"Well, can't you just not say anything about babies?"

"Why not?"

"Because, Tay..."

"Look, Y/N, you're stressing me out here--"

You cut her off. "Don't you dare use that bullshit on me, Taylor Alison Swift!"

She gapes at you, rage and disbelief in her eyes at your use of her full name. "Well, it's true!"

"That's my baby you're having! Not his!" you yell, standing up and pointing to the door as if Travis was standing there.

Taylor puts her head in her hands. Her voice comes out muffled. "I thought you knew what you signed up for."

"Well, it wasn't this."

"It's a PR relationship, Y/N, do you not get that?"

Tears well up in your eyes as you kneel in front of her, taking her hands in yours. "I get it, Taylor, I really do. But it's hard seeing you out there, pretending to be in love with someone else when I know you're carrying our child."

She looks up at you, her eyes softening slightly. "I didn't expect it to be easy, but this is the only way I can protect us both."

"But at what cost?" you whisper, your voice trembling. "I feel like I'm losing you."

Taylor's eyes glisten with unshed tears as she pulls you into a tight embrace. "You're not losing me. I'm right here. But the world can't know yet. They wouldn't understand."

You bury your face in her shoulder, holding onto her as if she might disappear. "I just wish things could be different."

"Me too," she whispers back, her voice breaking. "But for now, we have to play this game."

For a moment, you both sit there in silence, clinging to each other. The weight of your situation hangs heavy in the air, but for now, at least, you're together.

"We'll figure it out," Taylor says softly, stroking your hair. "One day, we'll be able to live our truth. But until then, we have to stay strong."

You nod, taking a deep breath. "Okay. I'll try."

Taylor kisses the top of your head. "That's all I can ask for."

You pull back slightly, looking into her eyes. "Just promise me one thing."

"Anything," she says, her gaze steady.

"Promise me you'll always come back to me."

"I promise," Taylor whispers, her voice filled with conviction. "Always."

part ii TBD