story of us

Taehyung found Jimin in the courtyard.

Jimin's home, a beautiful old hanok, was built around an equally beautiful courtyard. While the home itself exuded luxury, every inch a meticulous recreation right out of the pages of Architectural Digest. To Taehyung, that was also its biggest flaw. Just like the house he grew up in, it lacked all essence of humanity and soul that makes a house a home.

The courtyard, deviated in this aspect from the rest of the lifeless home. The first thing Taehyung saw as he walked up to the glass panels that barricaded the courtyard on all sides, was green, green, green. While the thick panels of glass did their job shutting out all signs and sounds of nature, it didn't block out the sight. And it was a beautiful one.

Indoor trees, giant pots of vibrant winter flowers in bloom and lush plants lined the sides courtyard. In the centre stood a simple stone bench, where Jimin was seated, his face buried in a book.

This sight, Jimin in his little imperfect oasis, was a stark contrast to the rest of the house and its unpleasant inhabitants.

Taehyung pushed the sliding door open and stepped out into the cold morning, quickly shutting it and the ickiness of the Park family, out. He walked up to the omega, who was still unaware of his presence, and he wondered, he just wondered... was Jimin's apparent authenticity nothing more than a facade, like the rest of this space?

He shoved the giant bouquet he got Jimin, rescued from the painted claws of a vapid sister by his brave bodyguard, between Jimin and his book.

Jimin looked up, confusion between his brows clearing to a beautiful, bright, genuine smile, when he realized it was Taehyung. And oh, he was wearing glasses.

That wasn't noteworthy at all, yeah, he was fine. Completely fine.

How could that smile be anything but genuine and authentic?

"Morning!" Jimin greeted him, tugging him down to sit next to him with a surprising amount of strength. The omega may have appeared to be tiny and cuddly, but he was definitely strong. And in glasses.

Taehyung was an obedient alpha, and so when his pretend-omega made him sit down, he sat down. The bench wasn't very big, and so they were pretty close together.

Feeling eyes on them, perhaps Jimin's family was spying on them, Taehyung asked softly, "Can I put my arm around you?"

Jimin nodded, and Taehyung did so. His arm curled around Jimin's back and sat comfortably at the curve of his waist. He couldn't hear anything from what was happening inside the hanok, but he could feel the daggers glaring into his back.

Damn, Jimin's family had no chill.

"How did it go?" Jimin asked softly, as Taehyung took the opportunity to steal the book from his hands, and have it replaced with the bouquet he got for him. He cringed internally seeing that the sister had managed to damage a few of the flowers at the edges. But Jimin didn't seem to notice.

He hugged the bouquet close, and murmured a quiet thank you.