Beginning of the End

"Mia, you're gonna be assigned to the 2nd Battalion of the 75th Ranger Regiment. You and your team will fly in after the 37th Airborne clears the way into New Baghdad . You'll be taking on an Atlas airfield, and your objective is to destroy any bomber or plane that leaves it. Search and seizure the command tower, then rendezvous with Gideon and his team. Is that understood?" Asked Kingpin, as me and him walked out of the hangar from the Forward Operating Base.

"Yes, sir. Where should I report to now?" I asked looking around to find the Rangers.

"Your team will be in hangar bay three. You can take this truck and meet them there. They've already been briefed." He replied and pointed at the truck.

"Yes, sir." I responded and jogged over to the truck.

Knocking on the driver's door, she opened it and I told her my destination. The driver said she'd take me there, and to hop into the back. I again jogged back to the truck and hoisted myself into the flatbed. As we drove away, I could see the figures of my friends and my crush slowly fading away.

The driver hit the breaks, propelling me forward a tad bit. When I got my bearings back she called out that we were here. I stood up and hopped down, and a man in full Multicam greeted me. He shook my hand and led me to all of the seated Rangers.

"Alright, yo, listen up!," he ordered and all of his men snapped their attention to him. "This is Mia Griffin, she'll be taking over our until for this offensive. We're gonna take orders from her and show her some respect, hooah?"

"Hooah!" shouted the rest of the men, who looked enthusiastic.

"Has Command briefed you on our infil?" He turned and asked me.

"Now that you speak of it, kind of. My Commanding Officer told me to report here, and that we fly in after the 37th Airborne clears the way." I responded, as I rubbed my chin with my hand.

"Well, it's true but it's too vague. Sentinel will be leading a charge against Atlas in the city's main courtyard. As for us, we fly over them, then assault Atlas's main airfield. We'll be accompanied by four A-10s. They'll be our escorts into the airspace and take down anything that gets in our way. You'll be roping down by the north runway, while my team and I will be adjacent from you. We RV at the tower, and then search and seizure." He stated, then grabbed his helmet that was resting on top of a crate of ammunition.

The assault was going to begin soon, and the Rangers just now started to grab their gear and weapons. I was handed an HBRa3 with a neat Target Enhancer and vertical grip. I sat down next to some Rangers. One was fillings his Pytaek with the long belts of bullets. The other, on my right, grabbed his night vision goggles and was attaching it to his helmet. Thats when the commander of the Rangers stepped forward, in front if us.

"Assault is beginning! Grab your gear and get to the Razorbacks! Rangers lead the way HOOAH!" he shouted and my team started to run after him while they placed their gear on.

I was the last one to run with them, but I made it.

...

"Haymarker 2-1 actual, Haymarker 2-1 actual, this is Thunder 4-3 coming to you on frequency 43.0, over."

"Thunder 4-3, this is Haymarker 2-1 actual, send it, over."

"Actual, Atlas aircraft are lighting up the sky, and scouts confirmed that they're locking down the airfield. How copy?"

"Solid copy. Every single soldier out there is counting on us to take out this airbase or this campaign will be for nothing. 2-1 actual out."

The roaring of the Razorback contributed to the extremely loud sounds that were going on outside. I was leaning on the benches inside the hull and look out to see the war going on. Atlas fighter jets were being chased by the other multi-national airfare, and vice versa. The anti-aircraft guns were pounding the hell out of the air and one in a while, an explosion would hit real close to our Razor back.