World Takedown

"Ilona. Seriously, look like you're on a honeymoon, not a breakup date!" I hissed into my radio while Gideon was getting our truck ready.

"Please shut up and focus, Mia." A voice said back and I rolled my eyes.

This was it, we have located Hades and we were ready to move. Mitchell and Ilona, currently undercover as two on a honeymoon, were to find Hades, while me and Gideon and one other contractor were the strike team. We had a truck ready to make a move at a moments notice.

"Everything's ready to go. Now we just wait on Jack and Ilona's call." Informed Gideon as he stepped down from the truck.

"And what are we gonna do in the mean time?" I asked, sitting on the ground crossed legged.

"It's finally a good time for me to put my cards into good use." said the contractor, and pulled out a deck of playing cards.

We all gathered around in a circle as we tried to settle on what game we should play. It was decided that a game of bullshit was gonna be carried out.  As we were all shuffling our cards, Gideon sneezed and his  deck was sent all over us.  I bursted out with laughter as he started to wipe his nose with his glove.

"These bloody allergies!" he shouted as he continued to wipe the snot that was already running down his nose.

I was too busy laughing to say anything.  For all, I could not speak and I tears were already running down my face from my uncontrollable laughter.  I tried to calm myself down but the scene of Gideon loud sneeze and cards flying all over the place continued my guffaw.

'Yeah, yeah, it's not that funny anymore, Mia." stated Gideon bluntly.

"Shit, dude.  This one's covered in your snot." observed he contractor, lifting one of the cards and tossing it at a not amused Gideon.

I had finally calmed down and wiped the tears on my face.  I was still chuckling and had a giant smile on my face from laughing too much.  Gideon looked at me with a very grim face and I stared at him back.

"What are you lookin' at, allergy boy?" I asked, trying to control myself from laughing again.

"I sneezed.  How is that so funny?" he asked, shrugging.

"Just seeing those cards fly everywhere along with some covered in your boogers is hilarious!" and like that I was on the floor, laughing.  

Gideon just nodded again and grabbed his tablet that was laying next to him.  A satellite view of Ilona and Mitchell's mission was displayed on the screen.  They were navigating their way through the city of Santorini trying to get to Hades, so they can spot him.  Now, for us, it was just a waiting game.

Our card game was blown, thanks to Allergy boy, and now we were standing around, ready to get the call to spring into action.  I was standing by a weapons crate, checking my ammunition's and weapon.  Everything fell into place as I closed the crate and walked over to the truck. 

The driver's door was opened and Gideon was in the seat, his eyes glued to his tablet.  His legs were sticking out and he had his beanie off.  I stared at him and then walked away, back to the crate.  I sank down into my sitting position and pondered about life.  Well, mostly about the horrid dreams I've been having.  Especially my most recent one with the infected creatures.

I started to shake, and without thinking, I reached for my pistol that was in its holster.  I held it in my hands and pulled back the firing pin.  My vision was impaired and my hearing was muffled.  I stood up, but fell to the ground.  Standing felt new to my feet for reasons unknown.  My pistol had landed a few feet away, and I crawled over to grab it.

Days of Future Soldiers (Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें