Fairhaven

"FUCK!" I yelled at as I slammed on the U.S. Navy carrier, the car still on top of me.

I heard a miniature explosion, then static: my Exo suit was completely destroyed. It took full force of the blow and now my booster and the main system was completely wrecked. Without my Exo suit, I knew it was going to be a challenge getting this car off of me. I've tried crawling out, but rubble and debris surrounded me. Pushing against the front of the car, I used all my strength on getting free, but no avail.

I swore multiple times.

Then there were voices in my area, and they weren't friendly. In fact, they were Atlas voices, and there were a lot of them. I couldn't see anything, but out of nowhere, the car was being pulled away from me. I was now free and saw that Samuel Dunn was the person who relieved me from the car. Knowing he was Atlas, I quickly pulled put my knife, thinking he was an enemy.

"I just saved your life. A simple thank you would suffice." He stated and started to walk away. I could see he tore through multiple debris just to get to me.

"Wait!" I called out, trying to be as quiet before other contractors found me.

"Yes?," he calmly asked and turned around. "What is it, Mia? I have to get back to my team."

"How did you know I was here?"

He chuckled, "I saw you fall from the sky. Your boyfriend was going batshit crazy about you."

"My boyfriend?"

"Gideon."

"Christ, I told you we aren't dating."

"Oh, then in that case.." He did something that stunned me.

He kissed me, full on the lips. In shock and in disgust, I pitied him away. Thank God it lasted for a second, maybe half. I went into a position where I was ready to attack him with my knife, if it came to that. He wiped his lips and grabbed his Assault Rifle that was slung around his shoulder.

"Now what was that for?" He calmly asked, holding his rifle and somewhat pointing it at me.

"Excuse me? You tried to fucking kiss me? Are you serious?" I was beyond pissed off. I wanted to take this fucker down.

"I saved you." He simply stated and cocked his weapon.

"Doesn't give you the right to kiss me like that! What the hell?! We're in the middle of a fucking battle!"

"You made me do this. Echo, Lima, we've got a Sentinel Operator here!" he chanted into his radio.

I charged him and pummeled him onto the ground. His rifle somehow slipped through his arm and was scattered a few feet away from us. I tried to get my knife in the position where I could sink it through his heart, but he put up a fight. As I was about to attack him with my weapon, he grabbed my wrist. With his free hand, he uppercutted me and I fell backwards. However, he still death gripped my wrist and I was trying to get it free. His grip was so tense, that I felt the loss of blood circulation on my hand. Then, he finally let go, but he grabbed my arm and then tried to break it, but I slipped away. I had to kill him before the other contractors arrived. I rushed towards Samuel, and he charged at me too. When he tried to pummel me, I ducked and slid to the right slowly, due to my destroyed Exo suit. He spun around and tried to find my position but i caught him in a vulnerable position. The heavy and sharp knife was plunged straight through his heart. I left it there, and saw Samuel Dunn collapse onto the ground, blood leaving from his mouth as he fell and died.

I laid down to take a rest, the though of the on coming Atlas teams being ignored from my mind. However, they never arrived. Either that or they were extremely late. I pondered the Atlas absence and went to Samuel's dead body. I grabbed his radio from his chest rig to find out it wasn't even on. Scoffing, I pushed his body away, only to here the roaring of a helicopter in the distance. There were two loud stomps; Exo movement. I then tore off my Exo suit and let it fall to the ground. I was now only in my Multicam garments and my tactical vest. Taking it old school.