/ 6 \

💄VERITY💄

It's Wednesday evening and I'm being held hostage in my own room. Gin's mom, Oxy is holding me down as my mom does my makeup, and Gin does my hair. These women I once called loved ones insisted I get dolled up. As they didn't approve of my pick. My favorite body suit, jeans, boots, and red leather jacket.

"Alright, we're done. Have a look hun," my mom giddily clapped her hands together.

I rolled my eyes and turned towards the mirror. I burst into laughter as I looked like I belonged in the early two-thousands. My foundation was too orangy, eyebrows were over drawn, and sported a bright red lip-stain. My hair was styled half up in a bouffant, and hard as a helmet thanks to hairspray.

"WOW. I owe you an apology. This is perfect," I turned and struck a pose as my mom snapped a picture.

"You ready to see the dress?" Mom folded her hands under her chin.

"Can't wait," I giggled at her excitement.

Gin stepped outside and stepped back in with a garment bag on her wrist. Oxy pulled out a neon yellow trumpet dress that looked like it came out of an eightie's catalog. While Gin brought over a pair of strappy lace up four inch wedges.

"Umm, how do you expect me to walk let alone ride a motorcycle?" I gaped at the three women.

"That's the point. If you can't ride behind Rush, he'll have to return for his truck..."

"Thus making you late for his dinner reservations."

"Now that's a bitchin' plan. Thank you for always having my back ladies," I swiped a stray tear away.

"We'll always have your back, hun. Now let's get you dressed Rush should be here any minute," mom unzipped the dress and held it open for me.

I slipped my heeled feet into the dress and Oxy zipped me while Gin handed me my clutch. As I stepped through the club and bar I felt everyone's eyes on me, but I couldn't say if it was a compliment. I waved to my gaping dad and two of my brothers before stepping outside. As I carefully leaned against the wall my oldest bro came over.

"Hey big bro, how do I look?" I smiled up at him.

"Like a clown goin' to their ten year reunion," he didn't even try to hold back a snicker.

"This was mom, your ol' lady, and Oxy's scheme."

"I doubt that get-up will deter a guy like Rush."

"What do you suggest then?"

"This," he pulled out a small vile of Rohypnol and placed it in my clutch.

"You want me to roofie him?" I stared wide eyed up at him.

"Only if he says or does somethin' pervy," he handed me back my purse before walking inside.

A moment later a lime green sports car pulled into the parking lot. I didn't recognize it so I stayed put to wait to see who it's owner is. The door opened and a smartly dressed man in a green suit stepped out. He had his brown hair slicked over one side revealing his fade. He wore black aviator sunglasses, a watch and black loafers with no socks.