/ 2 \

🥾 Axton 🥾

Axton, or as he liked to be called Ton, managed to escape the clutches of his sleeping daughters. If he ran he could just make his own mandatory meeting.

I jogged down the hallway of the member's quarters to where we held church. I yanked the door open and kicked it closed behind me. Sure enough I was last to arrive. As everyone with a rank and their old-lady were seated.

"Sorry I-sorry," I mumbled feeling like a schoolboy as I took my seat.

"It's no problem son. Reese and Leesa are pretty difficult to knock out," my mom awarded me with a gentle smile.

"Thanks, ma. Let's get to it. How's the club and the bike shop? Any reports or problems from you or the members?"

"The club is due for an all around maintenance, but she's solid. We've got a slue of bikers wanting to join up. The shop's taking off, with max amount of employees among our members. We're also getting bites on the merchandise pretty much everyday. Jackie ran the numbers and has the exact tally," my VP, Garren (Hercules), grinned as he glanced from his notepad.

I grinned back like a proud papa at how responsible he's become. A vast improvement from two years prior when our parents retired. Though, technically our senior members, they prefer to stay involved. Between the club, the shop, and the twins, I'll welcome anyone's help.

"Jackie?" I glanced to her as she was to my left across from Hercules.

"I-I ran the program this morning and the stats are in the highest percentile. Based on construct, function, and money flow. The shop stats are also high and are set to tripple by tomorrow. I also ran a digital poll on patch-holder moral. The data tallied their satisfaction in the ninety percentile. Thank you."
She shyly waned into silence and dropped her head.

"Well done, Jackie. Anyone else have anything to discuss?"

I glanced around and saw my bro, Warren raise a finger.

"Are we low on *fireworks* or *lighters,* Fingers?" 

*Fireworks and lighters are what my parents chose to refer guns and amo to. A safe-guard against pledges, bugs, and *house-mice*

*Females who drift person to person*

"We're not low on, but we could use a new shipment and lighters." His fingers twitched per usual at talk of weapons.

"Noted, anything else?" I offered as I added weapons and amo to my "Things Wanted" list.

"Uhm, there is, son," my dad gave a nervous cough and I turned towards him.

"Go ahead, pops," My brows furrowed.

As his hesitancy wasn't normal, meaning my ma must be behind it.

"Well son, we all took a vote and we, well-."

"Your dad's trying to say, it's time you hired a nanny for the girls," ma smiled sweetly smiled though her tone was buisness-like.

"Uh. I..wasn't expecting that," I glanced around the room at each member.

Everyone, but my parents and Hercules couldn't meet my eyes. So they quickly ducked their heads to stare at the tile floor.

"Honey, we love the girls to death. But between the club and them, we're spread too thin." Ma fiddled with her hands as if her courage was fading.

"Your ma and I've been wanting to travel. But can't cause you'd all be in the lurch and add more on the family-."

"Which is why we had Jackie post for nannies online last week. She checked Google this morning and saw eight applied. So you've got interview lined up after church," ma grinned sheepishly as she and the family stood.

"Wait, what? Ma, pops-."

"This'll be good for you son, and the club," she patted my shoulder before she and everyone else hurridly left.

I continued to sit, dumbfounded at the brutal honesty of my family. I startled at the hand on my shoulder and raise my head. Hercules was standing by my side grinning down at me.

"You're not alone in this okay? Now come on, I'll sit through the interviews with you," he took my hand and easily pulled me to my feet.

"Thanks, you could've warned me, though."

"Sorry Ax, you know your ma and my ma are scary as fuck."

"I do, you still sound like a big baby, though," I placed my arm around his shoulders as we walked to my office.

We took seats behind my desk, where ma had left a pile of resumes. I split them in two so we could read them before the women showed.

"Done," Hercules announced four minutes later as he placed the papers down.

"Same, anyone stand out?"

"Not particularly. These four have backgrounds in babysitting and are CPR trained. What about your four?"

"Same except two of them have also worked at daycare. First aid training and courses in childhood development and psychology."

"Sounds like we know who our two winning nannies are, Ax."

"We still have to interview them, Herc. I'm not only looking for experience and degrees. They need to be likeable, and the girls have to have a connection with them."

"Don't worry, we'll pick the best one," he affectionately squeezed my shoulder.

"If only Viv hadn't selfishly left..." I groaned at the whole situation.

"Well, you can't expect every girl to want to be apart of a po-."

( ( KNOCK ) ) ( ( KNOCK ) )

My ma cracked the door and popped her head in.

"I wanted to let you know the twins are up, and Lanny Ferguson is here to see you."

"Please send her in, ma."

She gave me a quick wink and fully opened my door.

"Your ma's too excited about this nanny buisness," Herc chuckled.

"Naw, she's thrilled at the thought of traveling with pops."

"They're certainly couples goals."

"Yeah...When Viv was still around, I hoped others would be envious of us."

"I know, but there's a girl out there for b-."

"Miz Laney Ferguson," ma announced as her and the lady in question stepped inside.

"Good afternoon, miz Ferguson," I kindly welcomed her as Herc and I stood.

"Good afternoon, just Lanny is fine, Mr. Wheller."

"Noted, just Lanny," Herc teased as he jotted down her name.

I rolled my eyes at Herc's flirting and tried not to make my annoyance noticeable.

🥾 🥾 🥾 🥾  

I hope you enjoyed Axton's first chapter!