Down time

June 14th, 2154. Hometree

"Uiklo, Atan, Zayltxa, Saeyla!" Tsu'tey called out for them while all the hunters and warriors were getting ready for patrol. The four men calmly walked towards their future Olo'eytukan whom they hold in great respect. "Grab a couple extra weapons, Ninat asked me for a small patrol to follow the girls since they will be washing their hair on the southern ponds, close to lanay'ka (slinger) territory."

Uiklo and Zayltxa were already aware of their mates going out to wash but incline their heads in appreciation towards Tsu'tey for letting them out of patrol to watch them. It will also be a good opportunity for the other two to get some more training in being alert not around humans but the original threats, the creatures of Pandora. Tsu'tey was strapping in an extra ikran tooth when he heard his little brother call for him.

"Brother! Come here" Arvok called from a far branch, he reached him quickly thinking it would be something regarding their father's more than intense training. "I saw Ella just now, she told me she is going to wash with the girls... are you going to watch over them?"

Tsu'tey is a bit confused with the direction of the conversation, "Yes I am. Ninat asked me, why?" Arvok grabbed onto his brother's arm and pulled him down so he could whisper, "How closely are you going to watch her? Because I keep seeing you eyes drift to whatever direction she is in, like my pa'li pinning after a female in heat"

Tsu'tey sighed defeated and stared off to one of the ikran flying away, "I know, brother... Eywa knows that I do and would follow her anywhere. But I already told you, I can't have her"

Arvok has talked with their parents about it several times, they all agree that Tsu'tey deserves another chance of love, "Brother even our parents encourage you to find another to love, it doesn't have to be Neytiri, I'm certain Eytukan would understand and then-"

"No Arvok. I will be the next Eytukan, it is a gift by Eywa herself and I will never turn my back on the clan... Enough of this, father must be waiting for you with the pa'li, go on" Tsu'tey watched as he ran down the tree once again wondering when he became so aware of his situation.

"He is not wrong, you know," said Uiklo from a different branch, looking down.

"Ha. I know Uiklo but neither am I... let's go, you mate does not take kindly to tardiness" Tsu'tey dismissed his friend's good intentioned worry and moved downwards to meet the girls. They found them ready to go, Ninat carrying crushed leaves from eyaye and the healing rose and Hinawn a batch of tree honey.

Zayltxa reached them first, and grabbed onto Rustali's hips and japped, "It is good that you are going to do this together girls, but I wonder. Ella, how did you find the time in Tsu'tey's merciless training for this?" he twisted towards Arabella.

She smiled triumphantly at him "Remember the fight Jake and I had yesterday?" he nodded in response, laughing internally at the memory of Jakesully on the ground, "Well we bet on it. I asked him to go get an ikran claw for me today" she then turned to Tsu'tey her smile somehow getting warmer, "You did say it was optional for me"

Tsu'tey laughed at her cunning and nodded in response, aware of Atan's shocked face, it hadn't been optional for him. "It seems you have everything, so let's get going."

The walk to the southern ponds was gleeful, this was not a patrol for the hunters or an exercise for Arabella, they were just a couple of friends walking through the forest they call home in complete bliss. Though, internally the lieutenant was extremely nervous, the kind she hadn't been since the first time she put on her uniform. Ever the adamant study she knew all about the small ritual that is the washing of na'vi hair, it is a significant and intimate moment between friends or family because when you undo the braids the queue is exposed. It means that the ones washing trust one another inherently with the single most sensitive and intimate part of their bodies. Ella hoped wholeheartedly that the other women could not see her nerves eating away at her.