Playing

June 10th, 2154. Site 26

"Fuck you Arabella, I am not a coward" Claire bellowed from her lab back on Hell's Gate.

"I have watched you following Trudy Chacon with sad puppy eyes for two years and never once have you made a move on the woman... I have tried threatening you with spilling the tea on her and still you did nothing" Arabella was pacing around Site 26 gathering her loose notes.

Clair scoffed at her friend "I have done something about it..."

"Oh? What did you do? Hold the door for her one day" Ella snickered, but when no response came from the videochat she turned around and stared dumbly at her friend, "By the grace of the Queen's skirts, that IS all you have donde?!" immediately clutching over in laughter

"And in a few minutes that delicious piece of woman is coming to collect some things from Grace, but don't worry I'll be sure to ask her about your most scandalous show of affection" Arabella moved about her hands dramatically.

"Listen here you twisted horrible old country colonizer, you will do no such thing... I just need a little bit more time to tell her" Claire all but snarled at Ella.

Ella turned and climbed onto the bed to search for some notes above the fridge and yelled back, "Claire Hudson from Idaho, United States of America are most definitely a coward and it is-"

"Why is Claire a coward?" called Trudy from the door to their right.

Arabella screamed and jumped down from the bed holding her heart and Claire ended the video in a panic, "By the wrath of Hera and Aphrodite's teats, Chacon you almost made me piss myself" after gathering herself Ella turned to the computer and saw the chat ended, coward yankee, she thought to herself.

Making a move for Grace's lab equipment that needed to go back for fine tuning with Max, Trudy asked again. "Did you call her a coward because she hasn't told me how she feels?"

Ella turned her head very slowly to the pilot, "You know?"

Trudy scoffed, "Of course I know, she gets an adorable blush every time I enter the room and mumbles to herself and also she can get so adorably clumsy..."

"I am going to strangle you! Good heavens Trudy you wanker, do you have any idea how many hours I've spent over the last two years listening to her swoon about you and-"

"Hold your horses lieutenant... two years?... I only noticed it like a month before you all came up here..." Trudy smiled to herself and thought, how sweet.

Ella grabbed the last of her notes and Grace's equipment, shoved it in Trudy's hands and pushed her out the door, "Perfect, now you know... so do us all a big favor march up to her kiss her close to a blackout and put her and my beautiful ears out of our misery... thank you and see you soon, fly safe" and with that she closed the entrance door.

"Real smooth Arabella, I'm sure Claire wont' be trying to kill you at all" Norm snickered from the link room.

"Oh shut it, she caught my surprise and it was about time they got together, I have enough shit listening to Jake pine after Neytiri to continue to listen to Claire chase after a relationship that might actually happen" Ella went to sit beside him as he calibrated the links.

Norm was quiet for a few moments before asking, "Jake really is falling for Neytiri isn't he?"

"Looks like it, but he knows better than to act on it and if he starts getting too close I'll talk to him" Ella shrugred.

"What about you and Tsu'tey?" After receiving a scowl and no answer, "Come on Arabella I may be the textbook definition of socially awkward but even I could tell there is something there" he teased and pushed at her forearm.