CHAPTER 14

''Each of us is born with a box of matches inside us but we can't strike them all by ourselves.''~ Laura Esquivel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaradhya Agarwal

I watched him walk away past me, my scent lingering over him. He was addictive, the only cure for my madness. I yearned to draw him back into my world where lies and truths were irrelevant, but I couldn't. Not yet. I despised the desire to see him ensnare those scum destined for the trash, yet the darkness that clung to him suggested otherwise. He craved bloodshed and was too shrewd to let anything slip through his fingers.

My paradise was inevitably tied to me, with the divine as our witness. The lights dimmed swiftly as the candles danced brightly against the white tiles, their orange glow cascading over me. My mask tumbled to the ground beside me as I sat on the stairs, a cool breeze teasing the candlelight.

I'm certain Kingsley never shuts the window before departing, granting me easy access to come and go, to probe for more strands in the tangled web. It's how I discovered those three brothers, burning them alive. The thrill of stalking my next prey, or letting their guilt consume them with the notion that death's angel loomed near, was exhilarating.

It was amusing to see their complexions blanch at my presence. I softly chuckled, clutching my phone to dial Killian. He doesn't answer on the first ring, or the second, and sometimes I suspect he's deliberately ignoring me. Perhaps he's busy dispatching a few souls, including the nun who relayed messages between John King and the authorities, to secure that laptop and initiate a cascade of deaths leading to the king himself.

I watched each candle extinguish in sequence, as if signaling me to halt until all was dark. I scoffed when Killian finally answered the phone. I let out a loud groan, perhaps because he had taken too long, "You're in a bad mood," he groaned back. I rolled my eyes, then furrowed my brows. In the background, there was a muffled sound of someone screaming through a gag.

''Shut your fucking mouth,'' I heard Killian whisper harshly. The voice screaming in pain was not unfamiliar to me. It certainly wasn't the nun's voice; hers carried a whiny Las Vegas tone, as if poised for stardom. "Who is there?" I inquired coldly, seeking the truth from Killian, but he merely scoffed at my question.''Since when we sympathize with sexual assaulters,'' his voice harsh almost red angry. 

His anger engulfed me as well, my jaw clenching tightly, causing pain. "Why didn't you wait for me?" I asked, my voice dangerously low, almost spitting the words out. Killian's voice took on a malevolent tone as he inflicted pain on the man, his screams reverberating through the basement. The walls themselves seemed to tremble with a sinister delight by the time Killian might choose to end his life. "You were saying?" he asked smugly. I smirked in response, "Did you kill her?" I inquired.

A little buzz hits my phone, and a smile curls over my lips. He believed every single death was a masterpiece, that should be framed. He has over 150 photos these would make 152 now in his canvas. I found his collection interesting as well as hobby to say the least. I open my phone to a woman whose eyes slowly bleed in tears, as it drips over her curve on the neck. I see the point of the knife stick out of her slender pale neck, the end of the knife at the back. 

I noticed her fingers twitch slightly in the photo, and my eyes sparkled as "RAAZ" was etched on her arm. The place where she lay was just outside Sebastian's grand white mansion. "Do you like my little masterpiece?" I sighed as the man's screams died down due to the loss of blood and agony that his body can't handle. "Perfect," I whispered, as a husky laugh vibrated in his chest before the call ended.

It was perfect. It was enough to scare the three fools that run this idiotic town on the graves they smear and maybe we might dig some up. I won't let these people smile until they pay, even if I die doing so. Adrian William, watch your back, you might end up dead just like you and the others did to me. 

I set my phone aside as each candle was extinguished, until only one remained on my right, shielded from the draft. I raised it to my face and gazed at him, his head bowed down. "Let there be peace," I whispered, and with a gentle puff, the final candle was snuffed out, leaving the church in darkness. "Amen."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um.... Of course, this was great to write and more mystery and perhaps even greater.

Um, why did Killian just kill someone?

Maybe for you know who?

I hope you'll love Damon and Aaradhya. 

Thank you'll so much and love you'll.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------