XXII

Faris was rushing around trying to get ready as fast as possible. His friend Aksh had invited him to his house for Chhole Bhature, along with a few threats entailing that he won't get the food if he ran late, and if there was one flaw in Faris, it was his lack of punctuality.

So, looking at the clock, he increased his speed, he only had 30 minutes left, unfortunately Aksh lived an hour away. Welp! he should say bye to his Chhole Bhature.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

"Maan ja bhai, bheek maang raha hu,  please khila de. Aunty kitna tasty khaana banati hai, ek baar bas khila de, chindi chori mat kar na. I promise I'll never be late from this day. " Faris  begged desperately.

Aksh looked at him, "Mujhe bhi pta hai, tumhe bhi pata hai, agli baar bhi yahi harkat karni hai tumhe. Come, take a seat. "

After some time Faris whined, "Where's my food? Khilana hai ki nahi. "

Aksh slapped him on his head, "Patience! We're still missing one person, let her come, then we'll have dinner together. "

"Who's this guest of honour? " Faris asked him irritated.

"You can see who it is, when she'll arrive. " Aksh gave him a teasing smile.

Exactly at that moment the sound of the gate opening echoed throughout the house and Aksh informed him that the guest of honour was finally here.

Faris heard an extremely sweet voice the next second,

"Aksh Bhai, kaha chale gaye aaj aap, did you finally get bored of acting like a child. "

That voice was so sweet and the person who spoke those words sounded extremely cute,  but those words caught his attention and Faris couldn't hold in his laughter.

Aksh heatedly glared at him, "Nalayak, tumko bohot hasi aa rahi hai "

But Faris didn't pay him any mind as she entered the room, brown hair, brown eyes, there was nothing extraordinary about her, neither was she conventionally attractive, but that was for others.

Faris thought that he saw the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on, her hair wasn't thick or luscious, neither were her eyes hazel, her face was a little chubby, but recalling the voice he heard earlier combined with the girl he was seeing Faris was awestruck.

He came to his senses when Aksh stood up and took her in a headlock. As she struggled to free herself, he introduced her, "Faris, this is mine and Aadya's younger sister, albeit from another mother, Meher."

And Faris thought that was the prettiest name he had ever heard.

Trying to look cool  he stood up forwarding his hand for a handshake, "Nice to meet you Meher, I'm Faris, this idiot's friend. "

Faris knew he was a goner that day, as he sat eating his food.

Those were the most delicious chhole bhature he had ever eaten, but maybe it's taste improved because of the girl who was sitting in front of him.