II

Meher looked down at her henna clad hands adorned with gold bangles, she looked at herself in the mirror, looking like the perfect indian bride.

She picked up her phone and looked at the screen, no new messages. She looked conflicted as she debated whether to call that number or not. In the end, in the fight between her brain and her heart, her heart won, so she pressed on the call button.

The phone rang for a long time, but nobody picked it up. Heaving a disappointed sigh, she kept the phone aside.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

Meher looked around the room she was in, it was extremely beautiful.
She got married and moved back to the city she worked in, and that also- with her husband, all in one day.

She looked at the door, when it opened and her husband came in. She was determined, she would make this work, she had to make this work.

Her husband - Asad Khan walked in and sat on the bed beside her. And then, without warning, took her hands in his.

His face started approaching her and when they were close enough for their nose to touch he whispered, "Nikaah Mubarak Begum" followed by a peck on the lips.

Her first kiss gone just like that.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

The sun rays disturbed her sleep and alas, she had to wake up. Meher looked around the unfamiliar room she was in and remembered that she got married yesterday.

Then she looked down at her body clad in sheets and blushed hard remembering the previous night.

Asad was so sweet, so gentle, and absolutely amazing with her. Maybe, she was going to have the marriage she always dreamed of.

As she was lost in her thoughts she didn't hear the door opening and was rightfully startled when she heard a man's voice,

" Uth gayi aap Begum, chalie hum intezaar kar rhe the aapka, naashte ke lie"

Seeing her fumbling around trying to cover herself with the sheets, Asad chuckled but didn't tease her.

꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷꒦꒷

Meher looked at the timer on her phone waiting for the results with anxiety as well as a little hope.

The previous months were so blissful for her, her husband was extremely sweet, and her job was going great.

As soon as the timer went off, Meher looked at the stick.

She was pregnant!!