Chapter 132: Those Who Keep Their Promises Are Valuable Everywhere

After the two finished speaking, Orochimaru suddenly looked somewhat nervous towards Mifune. Compared to the surname Namikaze, which seemed to be casually adopted in the face of turmoil, the surname Sakamoto existed long before the appearance of ninjas.

For a member of the Senju clan to adopt a random surname after leaving the Senju Clan was nothing unusual, but there was no reason for them to adopt a surname with such deep roots. However, Mifune remained calm.

"Let's begin."

Mifune waved his hand, his eyes becoming serious. Unlike the half-grown Chosuke, Mifune could easily discern the differences between Tatsuma and Minato. Tatsuma seemed especially similar to what he knew of the Senju Clan.

Not only did he resemble a member of the Senju Clan in appearance and temperament, but most crucially, in chakra levels and the voracious appetite displayed at last night's banquet. Despite his small stature, he had consumed food comparable to Tsunade, the Enhanced Strength woman, during the lengthy banquet.

Mifune was eagerly anticipating what surprises Tatsuma would bring him. As for his surname, he had inquired about it yesterday. Although the Land of Iron was somewhat closed off, it was still possible to gather information about the shinobi world.

This Sakamoto Tatsuma, indeed, was not the name mentioned yesterday as Ryuma, but aren't those who act as ninjas assigned a name and even an identity for each mission?

Ninja names are unreliable, even less reliable than their nicknames. And this young lad before us has already made a name for himself at such a young age.

Talkative Tobirama! Konoha's Dragon! Jewel Crusher! Although I don't quite understand the meaning of the last one, the first two carry significant weight. Moreover, Tatsuma's surname Sakamoto has many plausible reasons.

For instance, his mother might be from the Senju clan, or perhaps his father married into another clan, thus the child took his mother's surname.

Surnames, or rather, these spoken things, can deceive people, but the body's performance cannot be deceived. This "Ryuma" is undoubtedly from the Senju clan! Mifune said it! Even if he denies being Senju Tobirama decendant, it's of no use!

As the two opponents faced each other, the moment Mifune shouted "begin," they also moved. Chosuke drew his sword horizontally across his neck, making it convenient for him to defend against any shuriken Tatsuma might throw at his head, throat, or chest.

And Tatsuma? He drew his sword and thrust it straight towards Chosuke's abdomen.

"Szzt~"

Chosuke hadn't expected Tatsuma to draw his sword. Tatsuma was a ninja! Why draw a sword?! His reaction was a beat slow, and despite his utmost backward step, the gap between his armored abdomen and groin was still penetrated by Tatsuma's blade.

The sharp edge of the blade tore through Chosuke's close-fitting clothes. His not-yet-fully-developed body and the height not yet typical of an adult spared him a direct hit to his vital parts.

But a blood line appeared on his lower abdomen. Chosuke retreated repeatedly, hastily creating distance. The spectators couldn't help but be shocked, and gasps echoed in the quiet dojo.

Even Mifune was somewhat surprised. He hadn't expected Tatsuma to make such a choice. However, he quickly thought of a reasonable explanation. Senju Tobirama was also skilled with a blade; legend has it that he once severely wounded Uchiha Madara's brother with a single strike on the battlefield.

On Tatsuma's face, there was an imperceptible smile. Back outside the stone platform, Minato Namikaze couldn't hide his surprise and slight satisfaction.