Chapter 89: Retreat And Goal

The flames and smoke caused by the Explosive Tags dispersed, revealing a shell that had peeled off. A puppet spider, awkward in its movements, was continuously throwing Senbon at Tatsuma. Hoshi was so angry that his neck turned red.

He had initially thought that carelessly destroying a puppet last time was his biggest mistake. Unexpectedly, encountering this Konoha brat for the second time, he almost lost another puppet.

Moreover, due to the recent distraction, Inuzuka Makoto found an opportunity. At this moment, his other puppet was severely dismantled by the person and the dog combination, though the damage caused to the puppet only required replacing a few parts.

But Hoshi was not willing to accept this. Eating losses consecutively under a small brat's tricks made him want to pounce and skin the brat alive. However, Inuzuka Makoto, who had freed himself from the puppet, was already rushing towards him.

"Earth Release: Earth Shore Return!"

Tatsuma formed hand seals, and the ground in front of him rose, forming a wall.

"Dududu~"

The clearly poisoned Senbon stuck to the earthen wall. Tatsuma squinted, sensing that something was amiss. His hands formed seals incessantly, and in the moment the seals were completed, the ground beneath him flowed like water, engulfing the falling Tatsuma.

"Earth Release: Subterranean Voyage!"

"Bang~"

Just as Tatsuma descended into the ground, the earthen wall couldn't withstand another round of Senbon attacks and shattered. However, Tatsuma had already climbed back up on the ground dozens of meters away, without a scratch.

"Retreat!"

At that moment, Orochimaru's command suddenly came. Konoha ninjas showed expressions of confusion because, after a brief skirmish that had not yet clarified the situation, retreating at this point seemed unwise.

However, someone quickly noticed that half of the Senbon on Orochimaru's shoulder were exposed. Thinking about Orochimaru's opponent being Chiyo, others instantly understood Orochimaru's intention to withdraw.

Without further hesitation, Konoha ninjas disengaged from the battle, converging towards Orochimaru's direction, continuously retreating towards the rear.

Watching Tatsuma, with a smug expression, sneak into the ranks of the Konoha team, Hoshi was grinding his teeth so hard that he felt they might shatter. However, he didn't dare to charge into the midst of the Konoha formation.

Hoshi had no choice but to approach Chiyo and ask, "Grandma Chiyo, should we pursue?"

Chiyo had some injuries on her body, but they were not severe. She looked at the rapidly retreating team, waved her hand, and said, "Orochimaru's poisoning isn't deep; it's not advisable to pursue. Be cautious of ambushes!"

Upon hearing Chiyo's command, even though Hoshi was reluctant, he could only nod. Following the orders, the Hidden Sand ninjas only made a symbolic pursuit and let the Konoha ninjas go.

Under the protection of Konoha ninjas, Orochimaru returned to the camp with an unusually grim expression. Without saying a word, he plunged into Tsunade's medical camp.

Tatsuma also arrived at the medical camp. Firstly, because he still had injuries, and secondly, after healing himself, he could assist in treating other wounded personnel.

But as soon as he arrived at the medical camp, Tatsuma was pulled into a small tent by Tsunade. Inside the tent, there were only him, Tsunade, and Orochimaru.