Chapter 104: Hyuga's Gratitude

Tatsuma, who had recovered somewhat, began to leisurely practice Tai Chi in the hospital room. After all, his current room was a "luxurious" single room, and he wouldn't disturb anyone. This was a hobby of his and it's also why his fighting style resembles the Gentle Fist a lot.

Tai chi requires slow practice and fast strikes. Through slow practice, one can better experience the changes in the body and the transmission of strength. And Tatsuma, who was recovering from serious injuries, needed this process to readjust to his body.

As he practiced, Tatsuma always had a feeling of being watched. He stopped actively and looked around with a puzzled expression. At this moment, the tent flap was lifted, and a middle-aged man with long hair walked in, wearing a smile on his face.

He said to Tatsuma, "Sakamoto Tatsuma. I am Hyuga Itsuki, the head of the Hyuga Clan. I saw you practicing just now and didn't come in to disturb you. I just didn't expect your sensory talent to be so outstanding."

'You're the kind that keep peeping on others huh...'

Tatsuma inwardly grumbled, but he also put on a weak smile and said, "Itsuki-sama, I'm just doing some rehabilitation exercises."

"Speaking of which, it was rude of me not to express my gratitude to you immediately after waking up. So, thank you very much, Itsuki-sama, for rescuing me along with the members of your clan and the village Chunin. I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for saving me."

Hyuga Itsuki squinted slightly. As the head of the Hyuga Clan, representing the Gentle Fist, his gaze was keen. He had noticed some movements in Tatsuma just now that resembled the Gentle Fist, but they were different from Hyuga's Gentle Fist.

Therefore, he didn't believe Tatsuma was doing any rehabilitation exercises. However, he didn't want to expose it and could only continue to smile and say, "You are the benefactor of my Hyuga Clan. It should be me thanking you."

"I can't accept that, Itsuki-sama. You're too kind." Tatsuma quickly declined the compliment. He didn't want any more fame now. Just the slight fame he gained on the battlefield had already led to differential treatment, and he didn't want any more of it.

If he were to wear this high hat again, he feared it wouldn't just be differential treatment on the battlefield; he would also be gossiped about when he returned to the village. Perhaps not negative gossip, but Tatsuma didn't want any of it.

Seeing Tatsuma's almost reflexive response, Hyuga Itsuki felt a bit amused and exasperated. However, he didn't insist on his gratitude. Instead, he changed the subject and said, "On that day, I also found a sword hanging by your side. It should have been a gift from Sakumo to you. I've retrieved it for you. Today, the main purpose is to return it to its rightful owner."

With that, Hyuga Itsuki reached into his large sleeve and pulled out the Chakra short sword. Tatsuma was momentarily stunned, then he remembered. He stepped forward to take it and said with a smile, "Thank you, Itsuki-sama. If I had really lost it, I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to explain it to Sakumo-sama."

"It's nothing," Hyuga Itsuki waved his hand dismissively, then changed the topic, asking, "On that day, what kind of enemies did you encounter? Besides the Third Kazekage, who else was involved?"

As the words fell, Tatsuma's smile instantly disappeared. When he reported this matter at the time, Tsunade had deliberately instructed him to keep it brief, providing little information other than highlighting the involvement of the Third Kazekage.

Moreover, only a handful of people knew about Tatsuma's actions against Hyuga Miyako, and evidently, the Hyuga Itsuki before him was one of them. Tatsuma pursed his lips and said, "On that day, I could only flee desperately and didn't actually see the assailants from the Hidden Sand Village. The only ones I know of are the Third Kazekage and his disciple, Hoshi. However, it's likely that the Third Kazekage's guards and other disciples were also involved."