Chapter 70: Summoning Contract

In the afternoon, Tsunade and Jiraiya, with swollen eyes, were drinking orange juice sip by sip. The two, who had little appetite for lunch after the hangover, only ate a little to fill their stomachs.

On the contrary, orange juice has become their current favorite, as it managed to suppress some of their stomach discomfort, making it more bearable.

On the side, Minato Namikaze and Sakamoto Tatsuma, each holding a scroll, were being instructed by Mito. Originally, these tasks should have been carried out by the two senseis, but...

The two still not fully sober individuals unable to articulate themselves logically, were directly replaced by Mito.

"Alright, I've told you everything you need to know. Now, in the presence of this old lady, enter into summoning contracts with Mount Myoboku and Shikkotsu Forest."

After Mito finished speaking, Tatsuma and Minato took a step back, crouched down, and opened the scroll. Tatsuma wrote his name behind Tsunade, while Minato wrote his name behind Jiraiya.

Afterward, the two bit their fingers and pressed their bloodied fingerprints below their names on the scroll. Watching their names appear on the scroll, Mito then turned to Tsunade and Jiraiya, saying:

"You two should give them a demonstration. Then, make it clear to the toads and slugs of the two great sanctuaries to avoid future troubles."

Jiraiya nodded, pushed himself up using the chair armrests, but before he could stand fully, he slightly bent over and squatted while continuously holding back a vomit.

Clearly, the nauseous feeling from the hangover combined with the sudden rise from his sitting position, made Jiraiya want to vomit again. After a while, he managed to suppress the discomfort and straightened up again.

Touching his mouth, which didn't have anything overflowing, Jiraiya said, "I Should've taught them this a long time ago, actually, Summoning Jut-"

Although Jiraiya's words were somewhat disorganized, Tatsuma and Minato still understood. Just as Jiraiya was about to continue, Tsunade rolled her eyes and said:

"Enough, Jiraiya. I'll take over now."

Compared to Jiraiya, Tsunade was evidently more alert. Learning from Jiraiya's lesson just now, she tried to slow down her pace as she stood up and said:

"The Summoning Jutsu can be divided into two main types. One is summoning creatures, and the other is summoning ninja tools. There are other types, but they're not as important. The contract you just signed is a Summoning contract with Mount Myoboku and Shikkotsu Forest, two of the three great sanctuaries. With the Summoning technique, you can summon toads or slugs from these sanctuaries.

As for the other type, summoning ninja tools, you've probably used it before, like sealing scrolls. It falls under the Summoning category, but what we're discussing today is unrelated to that."

Tsunade looked at Minato and continued, "Let's start with Mount Myoboku. Many of Mount Myoboku's toads possess intelligence not inferior to humans. To have them fight alongside you, you not only need the Summoning Jutsu but also their willingness. For example, Jiraiya often summons Mount Myoboku's toads at inappropriate times, causing them to be unwilling to intervene. They run back immediately after being summoned."

"As one of the three great sanctuaries, Mount Myoboku has many powerful toads. It's best to build good relationships with some of them so that they are willing to fight alongside you."

After saying this, Tsunade looked at Tatsuma and continued, "As for the summoning creatures from our Shikkotsu Forest, there's actually only one—the Slug Sage. However, the Slug Sage can split into numerous individual entities. These entities, while connected to the Slug Sage, also have some degree of their own consciousness like my companion, Katsuyu. She is one of the split entities of the Slug Sage.

Compared to the toads from Mount Myoboku, the slugs from Shikkotsu Forest aren't particularly adept at combat. However, each split entity of the Slug Sage possesses extremely powerful medical abilities, making them well-suited for support in battles.

Unlike the irritable toads, the slugs from Shikkotsu Forest are quite gentle. As long as you don't harm them, they are willing to assist you."

After briefly explaining the differences between the two great sanctuaries and their summoning creatures, Tsunade asked, "Regarding the hand seals for the Summoning Jutsu, you should all be familiar with them, right?"

Tatsuma and Minato both nodded. Although Jiraiya had strictly forbidden them from using the Summoning Jutsu earlier, he had already taught them the hand seals: Boar - Dog - Bird - Monkey - Ram—easy to remember. Each time the Summoning Jutsu is used, fresh blood serves as a guide, a small price to pay.

Seeing this, Tsunade glanced at Jiraiya, who nodded in approval. Tsunade then turned back to Tatsuma and Minato, saying, "You can now use the Summoning Jutsu. Don't hesitate with your Chakra. However, with the amount of Chakra you currently possess, even if you use it all, you won't be able to summon the truly powerful beings from the two great sanctuaries."

"Summoning Jutsu!"

Tatsuma and Minato simultaneously bit their fingers, performing the hand seals with almost 100% synchronization. They slammed the ground, and the Summoning technique was completed in an instant.

"Bang!"

"Cough, cough, cough. What is this? It's so sticky and disgusting!"

A rough voice sounded, followed by a gentle one saying, "I apologize sincerely. It seems a bit crowded here."

"Help! Save me!"

At this moment, a feeble voice echoed, and as the smoke cleared, Jiraiya, Tsunade, and even Mito wore expressions of surprise.

Two Summonned creatures, each as tall as a house, appeared in the spacious hall. One was a blue-and-white slug, and the other was a brownish-red toad with a blade. On the foreheads of both Summoning creatures, Tatsuma and Minato were squeezed under the beams. Minato couldn't utter a word, and Tatsuma could barely struggle. The plea for help just now was from him.

"Incredible strength!"

Tsunade leaped up, delivering a punch to the beam. With a loud bang, the beam and roof instantly shattered. The slug and toad no longer had to lower their heads in discomfort.

As they landed on the ground, Tsunade released Tatsuma and Minato. Looking at the two Summonned creatures, she exclaimed, "Katsuyu?!"

"Bunta?!"

At this point, Jiraiya also rubbed his eyes in disbelief. Gamabunta looked around and said, "Jiraiya, why did you summon me? I'm not interested in getting involved in a war with Shikkotsu Forest!"

Katsuyu also inquired, "Has someone been injured?"

Soon, she noticed the grimacing Tatsuma and the equally pained Minato. Katsuyu split two small slugs the size of palms from her body, swiftly letting them crawl onto Tatsuma and Minato.

Tatsuma was startled by the wet and sticky sensation, but then a warm energy flowed into his body. This made Tatsuma forget the discomfort of the touch, and soon, the pain from the injuries on his chest and back faded away.

Realizing that Katsuyu had healed him, Tatsuma raised his head and thanked the seemingly thinner slug, saying, "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

After the gentle response, the slug descended from Tatsuma and merged with the one that had treated Minato, climbing back onto Katsuyu, merging once again.

At this moment, as Bunta was about to ask another question, Jiraiya finally came to his senses and said, "Bunta, it's not me who summoned you; it's my disciple, Minato Namikaze."

Jiraiya pointed at Minato Namikaze, but before he could continue speaking Bunta furrowed his brow. With a wave of his large hand, he exclaimed, "Impossible! Absolutely impossible!"

----

Check out my Patreon for more advanced chapters up to 50 at patreon.com/HellGolt