Chapter 22

The Final Battle

Chapter 22

It felt like the longest week as tension grew and the anticipation of the people of Alexandria grew with each passing day. Ty leaned against the balcony ledge of his room to watch the glowing horizon fill the sky. The last few days of preparations had been long and tiring, with Alexandrian in lockdown. He tried to relax and calm his nerves as he awaited the dawn of the final day before the clash of swords and arrows, but his mind was filled with thoughts of the upcoming battle. The Final Battle.

After this day, your importance in this Kingdom shall be commendable as you take this step into adulthood. The hardships and choices you make henceforth will always be reflected in the vows you all shall make today.

He recalled with vivid clarity the words King Stephen had spoken that evening so many months ago. It was the day Ty became something more, a royal guard, the day he held that title with honor and pride. The words left a deep impression upon him, and served as a reminder of the path he was now on, the journey he was now undertaking. He was determined to fight and win in the final battle, for his king and kingdom.

You will abide by the code of chivalry after today—you will have honor, bravery, and mercy towards the poor. You will be faithful, fear not of your enemies, and protect the Kingdom and all its peoples. Always and everywhere be right and good against evil and injustice. You will live your life so that it is worthy of respect and honor by fair play, nobility, valor, truth, courtesy, and loyalty. Let it be known, that you hold the coat of arms of Lockridge with the utmost of glory. I hereby grant you your titles into chivalry.

Courage. Justice. Mercy. Generosity. Faith. Nobility. Hope. Those were the seven Knightly virtues. Strive for excellence, always seek to understand the right path, be known for unwavering commitment, swear to defend his liege - and all those who rightfully depend upon him, have faith in all your beliefs, give respect where it is due, be generous and live in dedication of the greatness of character. Ty had come a long way to stand where he is today. Born as a mere small village peasant, accepted as a squire when his home and family were torn from him and through that - gained the respect of all around him led him on this path for the royal family of his Kingdom. A lot of people were now looking up to him, much like all the other Knights and Dames who protected their villages and kept their well-being. Having to deal with Camus Miclotov proved difficult in many troubling and tough situations that threatened Lockridge. The lands would certainly be at peace without the ongoing threat of war be was bringing about.

As the sun began to peek over the ocean in the far distance, war horns began to sound and alert the town of an impending arrival. Ty looked over towards the Alexandrian gates to see an approaching army in the near distance marching from the south. It was the neighboring ally of theirs, the isle of Tordam, which was a cluster of three islands that stood not very far off the mainland. Their leader was Lord Boran, a middle-aged man who fathered three sons and one daughter, the perfect amount to reign over all the islands. They were sending six companies to their aid, with each company consisting of one thousand men.

Cassia had been busy for the past two days, attending never-ending meetings and preparing for the final battle. The meeting was full of strategizing and planning, as Cassia was determined to ensure that the Kingdom of Lockridge was fully prepared for the clash and would emerge victorious.

She was not going to let the enemy have an inch of land or an advantage in any way.

Ty had his own time to prepare in his ways. He used his time off to heal and strengthen himself back up, preparing himself physically and mentally for the upcoming battle, knowing that he had to be at his best and would do whatever he could to achieve it.