Chapter 41 :- The secret within Leo

(Back to the present where Alvin and Sofia were in her room)

Alvin sighed deeply, a weight seemingly lifted off his shoulders, and smiled. “Phew! So that was my story.”

Sofia, feeling a wave of fatigue wash over her from hearing the entire saga, stared at him with wide eyes filled with awe.

"Oh my God, I still can't believe you guys went through all that," she murmured, her voice tinged with disbelief.

She paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. "So, what now? Where do you live? Are you guys still together?"

Alvin’s smile widened. “Yes, we are still together. It’s me, my mom, and Alice. We live in a small town called Ambrette Town, you know, the one close to Riverwood, about a 10-12 hour journey away. We’re both in college now, and things are going well.”

Sofia’s face lit up with a smile. “That’s great to hear.”

Alvin ran his fingers through his hair, a gesture that made him seem both relieved and self-conscious.

“I’m sorry I came by like this, and I didn’t mean to go on and on about myself and I wish we could've meet in proper way."

Sofia felt a blush creeping up her cheeks, her face growing warm as she watched him.

“It’s fine, really. It’s not a problem at all. I’m just glad you and Alice are safe.”

Alvin’s smile faded, and he began to fidget with his fingers.

“I wish we were safe, but we aren’t anymore.” His voice wavered, revealing the lingering fear and uncertainty beneath his calm exterior.

Sofia’s mind flashed back to the skeletal attack, her pulse quickening as she recalled the bone-chilling encounter. The memory sent a shiver racing down her spine, each vertebra tingling with a sense of dread. The image of the skeletal faces that attacked her.

She hugged herself tightly, seeking solace in her own embrace as she struggled to shake off the lingering fear.

"About that… what was that?" Her voice trembled slightly, betraying the unease that still gripped her.

Alvin’s expression grew serious. “It’s Dylan. He’s back. And before you ask, ‘Are you sure?’ I’m 100% certain. A few days ago, Dwayne called me at midnight, frantic about the texts he received from Dylan. The moment I got his call, I knew something was wrong. I jumped on my bike and headed straight for Riverwood. I had a feeling something would happen, so I went to the pep rally and managed to stay hidden. During the rally, I heard a voice say, ‘I will pay each and every one of you a visit.’"

Sofia felt a cold dread settle in her stomach. She was already scared, but now fear gripped her even tighter, rendering her speechless.

Alvin continued, his voice tense. “I was attacked by skeletons, Alex too, and now you. I don’t understand why he targeted you specifically. I don’t even know why he’s doing all of this. What does he want and what is he after?”

Sofia’s voice trembled as she spoke. “I don’t know either. I didn’t do anything to him.”

Alvin nodded, frustration etched on his face. “Exactly, in our group, you’re the only one who didn’t see Dylan. There are so many pieces of this puzzle we still need to figure out. I think there’s something much deeper going on.

Sofia swallowed hard, her fear mingling with curiosity. “I think so too.”

The room seemed to grow colder as they sat in silence, the weight of their shared uncertainty pressing down on them.

Mysteries of Riverwoodजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें