Chapter 13 :- It's Not What It Looks Like

Goddamnit, it's totally my fault for not being more careful. If I had been, this wouldn't have happened. But whatever, I gotta deal with it now and move on. He stood fearlessly, his confident stance providing a shield for Sofia, who still cowered behind him.

As the door creaked open, a soft voice emerged, "Hi sweetie, sorry I-" The voice trailed off as the woman's eyes fell upon Alvin, her curiosity piqued. Woah who is this boy? And why is Sofia hiding behind him? Could it be her boyfriend?

The woman's gaze fixated upon Alvin, who exuded an air of mysterious allure. Clad in a sleek black hoodie that hugged his form, he exuded an effortlessly cool. The fabric draped over his broad shoulders, accentuating his lean physique. He was wearing a pair of perfectly fitted black jeans that clung to his long, slender legs, emphasizing his confident stride.

Alvin's piercing blue eyes sparkled with an enigmatic depth, captivating anyone who dared to meet his gaze. They were like crystalline pools, reflecting the world around him with a mesmerizing intensity. His eyes seemed to hold secrets, hinting at a wealth of untold stories and experiences.

His raven-black hair cascaded effortlessly, framing his chiseled features with an air of rebellion. Each strand seemed to possess a life of its own, falling into place with an effortless grace. The dark hue contrasted sharply against his fair complexion, creating a striking visual contrast that further enhanced his captivating presence.

The woman stepped into the room, her attire exuding a distinct American style. She was wearing a tailored navy blue blazer, adorned with gold buttons that gleamed under the soft lighting. The blazer was paired with a crisp white button-down shirt, neatly tucked into a high-waisted, knee-length pencil skirt in a classic shade of charcoal gray.

Her choice of accessories further enhanced her polished appearance. A delicate gold necklace adorned her slender neck, its pendant glinting subtly as it caught the light. On her wrist, she wore a sleek silver watch, its minimalist design adding a touch of sophistication to her ensemble.

Her hair, a rich shade of chestnut brown, cascaded down her shoulders in loose waves, framing her youthful face. The strands fell effortlessly, reflecting a healthy shine that hinted at meticulous care. A few strands were gently tucked behind her ear, revealing a pair of small, gold hoop earrings that added a subtle touch of glamour.

Despite the professional attire, there was an air of effortless elegance about her. The clothes hugged her figure in all the right places, accentuating her slender frame and highlighting her natural grace. The woman's youthful appearance was further emphasized by her radiant complexion.

Sofia took a peek and finally mustered the courage to step out from behind Alvin and her eyes got widened as she saw her mom, "Mom, what are you doing here?"

Alvin looked at Sofia and then at her mom and let out a sigh. Gosh, she's just her mom. I'm relieved that no skeleton popped out, but I'm afraid she might misunderstand the situation now.

Before Sofia's mom could respond, she rushed forward and enveloped her in a tight hug. The surprise on her mom's face was evident as she asked, "Hey, are you okay, sweetie?"

Sofia released the hug, "Yeah, I'm fine. But what are you doing here? You said you weren't coming today."

With a smile, her mom explained, "Well, my work got done early, so I decided to surprise you and came home."

Sofia's blush deepened as she realized the awkwardness of the situation. She glanced over at Alvin, who had been standing silently behind her, his face mirroring her embarrassment. They exchanged a sheepish smile, both feeling a sense of relief that the potential danger had turned out to be a false alarm.