Chapter 3 :- The Haunting Memories

---8 Years Ago---

Autumn sunlight filtered through the lush green trees as Alex followed his best friends deep into the woods. The leaves rustled under their feet, creating a symphony of nature's whispers. June, confidently led the way, with Alvin and Alice and Alex close behind. Their curiosity had been piqued by the sight of a crumbling stone building on the other side of a clearing.

June's pink skirt flows gracefully around her as she twirls, her brown hair bouncing with each movement. Her youthful energy radiates from her, filling the air with a sense of joy and wonder.

Alex's simple t-shirt and jeans give him a relaxed and carefree vibe. His black hair is styled in a messy yet stylish way, adding to his effortless coolness.

Alice's blue skirt complements her striking blue eyes, which seem to sparkle with intelligence and curiosity. Her black hair is styled in a neat and tidy manner, adding to her poised and put-together appearance.

Alvin's white hoodie and black jeans create a striking contrast, making him stand out from the rest. His white shoes add a touch of sophistication to his outfit, while his black hair is styled in a sleek and modern way, giving him an edgy yet refined look.

As they reached the edge of the clearing, Alice couldn't help but express her awe, "Wow, what is this place?" Her eyes scanned the surroundings, taking in the mysterious atmosphere.

Alvin, always calm and collected, suggested, "Perhaps it's a ghost house."

Alex, however, disagreed, his voice filled with certainty, "No, it isn't, there is more than that."

June, picked up a pebble and tossed it towards the house. To their astonishment, the pebble sailed straight over the threshold and then froze in mid-air. Alice couldn't contain her excitement, "That's amazing!"

The pebble hung suspended in the air for a moment before dropping straight down. Confusion filled Alice's voice as she questioned, "What the heck is doing that?"

Alvin, recalling tales of witches, suggested, "It must be the witch's doing."

June quickly dismissed his idea, her voice was firm, "Shut up, Alvin! This is weird, right? I threw all kinds of stuff in there yesterday, but it all just stops!"

Alice turned her attention towards Alex, a glimmer of realization in her eyes, "So you guys came here yesterday too?"

Alex nodded, his voice tinged with a hint of excitement, "Yeah, we did. Me and June."

Alvin, mischievous as ever, playfully grabbed Alex, his eyes gleaming with mischief, "I wonder what's inside. Let's throw you in and see if you float too." Alex, desperately trying to free himself from Alvin's grip, pleaded, "Wait, no! Stop, please, Alvin!" Alvin finally relented, releasing Alex from his grasp.

Alvin grinned mischievously as he turned to Alice and June. "Let's go inside!" he suggested, his eyes gleaming with excitement.

Alice, her voice trembling, shook her head. "We can't go inside," she said anxiously, her hands fidgeting nervously.

June, also shaking and fidgeting her fingers, chimed in, her voice filled with apprehension. "I don't think it's a good idea, guys."

But Alex, unable to contain his enthusiasm, exclaimed, "I guess we can! It'll be an adventure!"

Alvin smirked confidently. "Yeah, it's not like anyone lives here. Let's go now," he urged, his bravado shining through.

Alice's hands balled tightly into fists, her lower lip trembling with fear. "What if you're wrong? What if we get in trouble? What if something bad happens?" she questioned, her voice filled with worry.