𝐂𝐡.𝟏𝟏 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞

𝐒𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐁𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐢

I slapped him.

He turned back and slapped me hard, my lip started bleeding. I tried pushing him away again and again but he didn't budge but rather was choking me, I scratched him on his arm which angered him.

He took a knife out and ...

He was about to stab me but I turn away. This movement of mine caused the knife to fall, he pushed me on to the ground a d again tried to stab me, the knife slashed through the skin of my shoulder.

I winced in pain but he didn't care I somehow got up on my feet. Running I didn't realize my slippers fell while I was protecting myself and now I'm bare feet.

I ran as fast as I could, I couldn't gather the courage to even look back to see if he was following me or not. All I wanted was to run, run away from all of them and never return.

Soon I saw a convenient store, without thinking twice I got in, still running. I'm sure I got weird stares from people but I could care less.

But my movements came to halt as I bumped into someone...

𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐫𝐲𝐚

She passed out.

I tried not to panic but who am I kidding. I can't keep calm,especially not when my love is here in this condition.

I called the doctor, he said she's malnourished and exhausted, physical, mental, emotional.

Soon the doctor left after giving some medicine and injection.

She was looking so calm I didn't have the heart to wake her up and I guess I don't have to either as the doctor has said she'll wake up on her own after some hours

But being busy in beholding the sight infront of me I forgot everything.

She didn't wake up the whole night. I was worried about her, so much so that I couldn't sleep. Not that it effects Me, all these years I've grown habitual to it and also that i have been resting a lot since the flight and in the evening so i am not at all tired.

I stared at her as she slept--her lashes that fell on her cheeks, her lips that turned into a small pout, her long wavy hair now all messy and her small frame curled up into a smol ball as if to Protect herself. Adorable. Fkin adorable.

Next morning

Coming out of the shower I saw she's still sleeping, I decided to wake her up as she has to take her medicine and eat most importantly but I'll do that after wearing my clothes.

I wore a black tee and pants, let my not so messy hair down and sprayed my perfume the one she likes on me. How I know that? Bcoz she told me once. But wait that was four years ago, what if she doesn't like it now? Goddd who doni do now? Should I change it? But I've already sprayed it on me.

She likes Dior? Coco chanel? Burberry? Valentino? Ohh God how could I not know it!! I need to know about her as much as possible as soon as possible.

That reminds me that she doesn't have any clothes, accessories and other necessities w/her right now.

I called one of my employees and gave them some specific order.

But Will she like the perfume I've on right now? She- I heard the sound of glass falling, Syera my baby please don't be hurt. I ran out to see what had happened.

There she is looking ethereal af even in the morning. But wait what's with the glossy eyes.

"What happened?" Softly I asked.

She turned to look at me, her eyes glossy and cheeks and nose red.

"I ..sorry..i didn't mean to do that. I'll c....clean it up" she said and tried to get up but I told her it's fine and that she's should not worry about it. But she didn't seem to believe it so I decided to distract her.

"U should go and take a shower, I'll prepare you a meal, you have to take your medicine as well." She nodded and left.

𝐒𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐚 𝐁𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐢

Showering I thought of everything that has happened in the last twenty four hours. How am I safe even after all that, I definitely should be grateful to God. And Asher. If weren't for him, I wouldn't be here all safe and sound. But the thing I'm confused about is why is he not asking about my past and everything. But if he asks I don't think I'll be able to tell him everything at all.

Drowned in my thoughts I didn't realize when the time passed and it's almost way too long that I'm here in the bathroom. I wrapped a towel around myself as reality punched me in my gut, I don't have clothes what will I do now? Do I have to stay this way? What now?!

All my questions come to halt as I heard the knock on the door,

"Syera are u okay? U have been these for too long." His raspy deep voice lased with concern. Ans as much as I would love to ignore the goosebumps on my skin after hearing his voice, I can't.

"I..am fine but..I do..don't have anything to wear"

"I know and that's why im here to give you some clothes" he added "I'm keeping the clothes on the side table, take it"

I opened the door to get my hand out to take the clothes, I saw that there was no one. I quickly took the bag kept on the table.

Taking all the contents of the bag out, I saw a beige and blue sweatshirt, a pair of blue jeans, and I don't know how he got them but my innerwears were also there. A set of black seamless bra and panties. The size was not exactly perfect but it was not uncomfortable as all.

 The size was not exactly perfect but it was not uncomfortable as all

The sweatshirt was a little big on me but it looked cute. I let my hair down as I don't know how to style them and I don't have the hair accessories as well.

I wore them and checking myself on the mirror for the last time, I got out. There he was sitting on the couch working on his laptop. He looked up as soon as he felt my presence.

"Come here I need to check your wounds" he patted the space beside him, nervous I sat there.

He checked the wounds and said "your wounds are healing but you need some nutrients as well so let's go and feed you something"

He held my hand and dragged me towards the dining area. As we walked there I admired the place, it looked like a palace, luxury and lavish would be the perfect words to describe it.

"You were going to show me something" I curiously said.

"I will but you need to eat first" after serving me he sat down.

He didn't eat but kept on staring at me while I ate, I asked him why to which he said something I could never understand even if I were to try my level best.

"Sei carino con le guance imbottite"
(You look cute having your cheeks stuffed)