1.5

as soon as i get back to my place behind the counter and flip the "be right back" sign to the "open" side. when i look up an meet eyes with the next customer, i can instantly recognize who it was. blonde quiff and blue-green eyes, almost the typical white boy, its my fucking ex, christian. talk about awkward.

"reagan?" he says surprisingly, after a long pause.

"thanks for reading my name tag. now what can i get for you today?" i ask, ignoring what he had said beforehand.

"reagan." he begins again.

in my mind, my eyes are rolling so back but in person im smiling at christian, just like i always do with customers.

i laugh, pretending to take this conversation into ordering wise. "theres no reagan being sold here so please go to another store to purchase what you wanted."

"i swear to god, reagan."

giving him an annoyed look, i reply with, "what do you want christian?"

"you."

"you arent funny." pausing, i switch the convo back to the ordering mode. "if you dont order something soon, im going to have to kick you out of the line because youre holding everyone up. two patient young women are waiting behind you."

"why havent you answered any of my texts? i know we broke up and all, but cant we still be friends, rea?" he asks.

"dont you know that after you break up with someone, you cant be friends anymore? especially when we broke up because of something bad, christian?" i feel like my eyes are burning into the back of christians head but thats sort of what im aiming for.

my jaw is tense and im not smiling nor frowning. just keeping a straight ass face.

"im sorry, reagan. im really goddamn sorry it happened." he says in a way that makes me feel sympathy towards him. "what can i do in order for you to forgive me?"

"maybe you can fucking order first so you dont hold up the line any longer." i suggest. "and probably something else, of course."

"can i get an iced coffee for here?" he finally answers.

"table number 5, heres the table card. pop it up and place it on the edge." i tell him.

he leaves and heads over to his table as another customer appears in front of me.

"miss, i am so sorry for the wait. what can i get you for you today?"

she smiles softly, and speaks, "its okay, i was actually thinking about which cookie i should get."

she ends in quiet laughter at the end of her sentence and eventually orders the famous red velvet cookies they have here and takes it to go. i apologize to the next customer and make an to go iced coffee for her. soon, i bring christian his iced coffee as he gazes at me for a while.

"reagan, please answer my texts." he pleads. "i just want us to be on good friend terms. i dont want you to hate me, rea."

"i dont hate you, i dislike you. now if you'll excuse me, i need to get back to work." i reply, taking the number off of his table.

"im gonna text you one of these days and i pray to fucking god that you'll answer." he says, looking me straight in the eye with a slight smile.

he gets up from the table and walks out of the cafe. literally what was the point of having the coffee here if you were going to stay for like a minute. are you kidding me.

i head back over to the counter. i wasnt expecting to see anybody familiar today, but it is the jatt cafe and its kind of famous in los angeles.

-

!!! hiya babes !!!

these past two weeks of updating have given me lots of heart attacks because versace had a ranking for the first few times omg. like it started off at like #982 in fanfiction and now its at #627 tHATS OVERWHELMING AND SCARY AND IM HONESTLY SO FUCKING HAPPY YOU GUYS MAKE IT HAPPEN AND IM SO THANKFUL FOR EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. I LOVE YOU ALL INDIVIDUALLY SO MUCH.

dont forget to vote and comment ! can we get to 65 votes?

much love,

whitney aka a rEALLY HAPPY AND HYPED AF AUTHOR????