0.2

"yo gilinsky!"

jack had lead me to a group of boys who also looked around the age of 18. we were at the food court and the guys were scattered around a table, sipping on sodas.

he pulled me closer to his side, moving his arm around my waist before going to the group. giving me a reasurring smile, he greeted his friends.

"who's your girlfriend?" blondie asked.

i laughed, slowly letting go of jack's hand. "i'm reagan and i'm not his girlfriend."

the blonde boy smiled at me and took my hand, kissing the top of it. "im jack johnson, but people call me johnson or jj."

i smile back at him, adding a bit of 'happy sarcasm', "my name's reagan and i dont want to introduce myself more than 3 times!"

"the name's nate." another boy nodded at me.

the outlines of his tattoos were seen through his thin white t-shirt. badass, i thought to myself. a low whistle had interrupted my thoughts. i turned around to see a different boy.

he had his hands in his pocket and a small smirk spread across his face.

"i'm sam wilkinson." he smiled. "or sammy. or wilk. or dadd-"

i choked on my saliva, turning it into a cough. "nah, its okay."

sammy raised his eyebrows, a surprised expression coming across his face. "feisty as fuck! lovin' it."

"hey." jack spoke up. "sammy, back the fuck up."

sammy put his hands up, chuckling. "just kidding man. she's all yours."

"i'm right here assholes. and im nobody's, except my own so shut up.'" i snapped.

"shit sorry. did i mess up already?' jack asked, looking at me sincerely.

"you didn't mess up, jack."

"okay. i just didn't like the thought of you and sammy. hey, im not a photographer, but i can picture you and me together."

"dear god, gilinsky. don't be cheesy with me!"

 ☾

"you hungry?" jack asked. his fingers lightly brushed my cheek, moving a strand of hair behind my ear.

"im just gonna go get a drink from starbucks." i replied, standing up.

these heels were killing the back of my foot and a wave of exhaustion had finally drowned me.

"im coming with you, babygirl." he said, standing up alongside me.

"im not your babygirl! how many times do i have to say it?!"

he reached for my hand, slowly intertwining our fingers together. his eyes looked so concentrated on our hands. slowly, he looked up signaling that he was done, and met my eyes.

my cheeks suddenly felt heated. i brought one of hands up against my cheek, feeling the tingles on my face.

"did i just make you blush for the first time?" he chuckled, lightly, "i didn't do anything special though."

i squeezed his hand gently, as we walked to starbucks.

"you don't really have to do anything to make me blush, dude." i paused and glanced at him, "there's just somethin' about you."

"awh." he cooed, leaning closer.

i slapped his arm, and laughed along with him. "shut your mouth."

"im too cute, i know." he smiled.

we arrived at starbucks a few minutes later. jack, being the little shit he is, opened the door for me and we both walked in.

"you want anything?" i asked him.

"we can just share whatever you get." he smiled, cheekily.

"or i can just drink the whole thing."

we waited in line until it was my turn to order.

"hey beautiful, what can i get ya' today?" the guy behind the counter asked.

"definitely not your phone number, but an iced caramel macchiato would be aight!" i smiled brightly at him.

his facial expression showed a surprised look. i laughed softly, waiting for him to ring up the order. jack looked over at me. "damn babe."

"i swear to god, stop calling me that." i scrunched my eyebrows up. he began to swing our intertwined hands back and forth as we waited for my drink to be called.

"reagan. an iced caramel macchiato."

after picking up the drink, we walked out of starbucks and headed back to the guys.

"i want to see you again." jack said, all of sudden.

i checked my phone seeing that it was 8:16 pm. "you'll see me, jack. dont worry."

"can i have your number?"

"earn it." i told him. "and i still owe you for the wallet."

"you don't owe me anything. you're already owing me, reagan."

"owing you with what?"

"your company." he paused. "by being here, with me."