0.8

i nod, relief flushing my mind. i walk back inside with him and johnson smiles a hopeful smile at me as soon as we make eye contact. we both slide into the booth, making johnson move again.

"you okay?" he asks, nudging my side.

i smile back at him. "better than earlier, yeah."

nate looks at me and smiles too. "glad you're okay, reagan."

his voice is raspy, but clear. i bet girls swooned by the sound of his voice.

"thanks, maloley." i nod.

the woman from earlier, brings the fresh food over to our table. the smell of chocolate and pancakes fill my nose, making my stomach growl.

she places my plate of two pancakes in front of me. "here you are, darlin'."

"thank you." i say. i reach over sammy for the syrup.

"i gotchu'." he tells me. he hands me the syrup, our fingers slightly touching.

my skin heats up at the sudden touch of our contact. why didn't it happen earlier then?

gilinsky still has his eyes glued to the phone. he takes his fork and stabs it into a piece of scrambled eggs, half of his attention still on the phone.

"dude, you're gonna poke yourself with that fuckin' fork." nate shakes his head, annoyed.

a half an hour later, our plates are empty except for mine.

"im taking my time." i say. i make the pieces of the pancake smaller and pop them into my mouth once one mouthful is finished and in my tummy.

gilinsky stretches his arms out and yawns. "im gonna go to the restroom."

nate gets up and sits back down when gilinsky is out of the booth. he looks straight at me an says, "he's texting her again."

"who?" johnson questions, "madison?"

maloley nods. sammy and johnson both let out a long groan. taking my glass of milk, i ask, "who's madison?"

johnson face palms for a slight second. "this one girl who can't sing and whenever her and gilinsky are together, i always have to fucking third-wheel. let me tell you, it ain't fun."

another girl. i sigh, being interrupted by nate. "she's cute and all, but she's young for him and she's done shit with two of us in omaha squad."

"so she's dick hopping?"

nate laughs, before replying, "pretty much."

"who did she do shit with?" i ask, taking a sip of milk.

sammy's hand is placed over mine again. he takes his hand and puts it onto his lap.

"jack and sammy boy."

choking on the milk all of a sudden, i quickly swallow and begin coughing. my face was probably red.

johnson looks at me with concern filling his eyes. he takes away my milk and hands me his water, and hugs me to his chest.

"thanks homie." i mumble. "god, i cant breathe."

sammy and nate hover around, all of them giving me their concern.

"sorry." i coughed one last time.

"we had meaningless sex." sammy faces me. "i mean we're hormonal teenagers."

i nod and calm down. i don't understand why my mind and body reacted when i heard that they both did shit with madison.

gilinsky comes back to join us. he slides back into his seat and sammy releases his gentle grip on my hand.