CHAPTER - 12

❀ARYAN❀

❀ARYAN❀

Right now, I was on my way to pick up Ayushi from her house so we can go shopping. The entire day I was just lost in thoughts about her.

The entire 'colleague's birthday'  thing, however, was a made up story. I used my sharp mind to make it up on purpose. To be honest, I was hoping to spend some time with her before she returned to Mumbai. Thus, the only way I could carry out my plan was to lie.

I finally arrived at her house after nearly an hour of driving. She was standing in front of her house already. Most likely I kept her waiting.

She was looking lovely as usual. I was staring at her for so long that I almost forgot to open the car door to let her get inside.

"Should I smash the door to get in, or are you going to open it by yourself?" Ayushi knocked on the door a few times before speaking in a sarcastic tone.

Returning to reality, I replied, "Wait, wait, I'm opening" and opened the door for her right away.

After getting into the car, she sat next to me and gave me a strange look, asking, "Why do you always zone out huh?"

I responded, chuckling nervously, "It's actually my old habit."

"Weirdo," she muttered under her breath. Now how could I tell her that just being around her was enough to induce a trance.

"By the way, what is the condition of the cut on your hand now?" Casting my eyes over the bandaged wound on her hand, I asked.

"Yeah it's quite fine now but the pain is still there"

"It'll take some time to recover completely since the cut is quite deep." I spoke and she gave a cute nod in response.

Then I started making my way to the mall where the four of us had gone before. It didn't take us long to get to that mall because it was fairly close to her house. We arrived there in a short while.

I exited the car and, in true gentleman's fashion, went to her side to open the door. I really am a gentleman. Ain't I?

Then we went to one of the gift stores in that shopping center. Upon going there, we began to find a decent gift. Likewise, it was clear that this procedure took a long time. Ayushi got really caught up in this.

I was just aimlessly wandering inside the store; she was the only one who seemed to be genuinely interested in helping me find the ideal gift.

"Are you here to just wander around dear?" asked a familiar voice abruptly from behind. I realized it was Ayushi as I turned around. I swallowed hard as she gave me a hostile look. With her hands on her waist, her brows were furrowed. Her statement was rife with sarcasm.

"Actually I was just-" I was cut off by her.

"No need to give any excuse, just help me to find the gift. Understand?" She gave me her signature eye roll and spoke in an authoritative manner. With a vigorous nod in return, I began helping her.

Finally, after an hour of searching we successfully found one perfect gift. I didn't know that finding something could be this hard.

We exited the store after purchasing the gift. However, I realized it was only 7 p.m. when I looked at my watch. This meant that I still had some time to spend with her and it wasn't too late. Thus, I came up with a new idea.

"It's just 7" I spoke to end the silence between us.

"Yeah I know that, I also own an object called watch and thankfully God has given me two eyes by using which I can see the time." she replied in a mocking manner as her lips curled into a taunting smile.

"Oh really? I thought that your eyesight might have become a little weak due to kala Jadu" I spoke shrugging my shoulder dramatically.

"Stupid"

"Yeah, I already know that you are one, no need to remind me again"

"I'll kick you so hard that you will fly all the way to Antartica" She spoke with a sarcastic smile.

However, her phone rang all of a sudden. I caught a glimpse of her phone from her backside and noticed that Harsh was the one calling her.

Can't he just let me spend some moments with her peacefully?

I stood next to her so I could hear their conversation, and luckily her phone's volume was turned up pretty high so I didn't have to do much to hear it.

~ON CALL~

Harsh: Hey Ayushi, are you free now?

Ayushi: No I'm not. Actually I'm currently out with Aryan.

Harsh: WAIT! WITH WHOM ARE YOU OUT?

Ayushi: Aryan

Harsh: Aryan means the one who is Divya's brother in law right?

Ayushi: yes

Harsh: Where are you two right now?

Ayushi: E-light mall near my house but why?

Harsh: I'm coming there within some time.

Ayushi: but-

Harsh ended the call before she could say anything more. I repeatedly gestured to her to not tell our location to him, but all she did was give me an odd look and carry on speaking with him. This guy literally made my whole plan fall apart.

"Harsh is coming here. So let's wait for him." Ayushi spoke and I just nodded in disappointment.

After that, twenty minutes went by with no sign of his arrival. He most likely passed away on his way~

I'm still waiting for that nutcase just because of Ayushi; otherwise, I wouldn't even waste a single second of my precious time on him.

After a few moments he finally arrived plastering a big smile on his face.

I am still baffled as to why he was coming here. Is he really just supposed to stick with her? Doesn't he have any work other than sticking with her?

"What took you so long to come here Harsh?" Ayushi enquired as soon as he came.

"Traffic jam"

"Nevertheless, why did you come here?" I questioned him, squinting my eyes in irritation, and Ayushi gave me a death glare, stunned by my impolite inquiry.

"Actually I was getting bored in my house so I thought about joining you two" He replied sweetly because obviously he wasn't going to show his true behaviour in front of Ayushi.

"I also get many thoughts while being bored but I don't do everything that comes to my mind" I spoke with a tint of taunt.

"That's because you are you and I am me. I like to do everything that comes to my mind."

Pointing to the cafe that was right next to the mall, Ayushi shrewdly changed the subject, saying, "Leave it, guys. Let's go to that cafe."