CHAPTER - 4

AYUSHI'S POV:

While I waited for Divya quietly in her room, I was also admiring the photo of her and Abhimanyu jiju that was hanging on one of the walls. Seeing them makes me believe in love once again. They really are among the most ideal couples I have ever seen in my life. The way they both cherish and love one another. They are really made for each other.

A short while later, the room's door abruptly opened revealing both Divya and Abhimanyu Jiju.

"Hey Ayushi, how are you?" Abhimanyu jiju asked me while stepping inside the room with a smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine and what about you jiju?" I responded with a gentle smile.

"So how's your work going on in Mumbai?" He inquired.

"Yeah it's going on quite well" I replied "And how's your business going on?"

"We recently received a big project and we are working on it very hard." He said as he glanced at Divya and a broad smile emerged on both his and Divya's face.

"Oh that's great! Congratulations to you both!" I congratulated both of them with a broad smile.

"Yeah now I will not disturb you two besties anymore! You guys enjoy!" He stated and made his way towards his cupboard, took his clothes and other important belongings.

"Bye love" He muttered in a low tone at Divya's ear while smirking and headed towards his room with his things. Divya's face reddened due to shyness.

Even though he spoke in a low tone, I could still hear it because I have an excellent low-frequency hearing.

"Ahem ahem" I coughed fakely saying "someone in this room is blushing, I guess" in a teasingly way.

"Yeah Ayuuu" Divya screamed at me and covered her face due to her shyness.

"Because of me you will not be able to sleep with him. Sad!" I teased her even more. She started blushing so hard that her face almost became like a cute tomato.

We chatted for a short while and suddenly she got off the sofa asking "Ayu what do you want to eat for dinner?"

"Anything!" I responded.

"Aloo ka Paratha and shahi paneer?" She asked.

"Yeah sure that's a heavenly combo!!" I replied while showing thumbs up with a smile.

"Okay then I'm going to the kitchen to make it. Stay here!" she said and started going downstairs but I stopped her by saying "Divi I am gonna help you."

"Tujhe khana banana ata hain?" She asked raising her eyebrows in a jokingly way.
[You can cook?]

"Obviously Divi." I remarked.

"Remember when last time we cooked together at your place and we literally burned the food." Divya said and started chuckling.

"Yeah, and ma scolded both of us." I replied as a soft smile emerged on my face after remembering that memorable incident.

Even now, thinking back on that incident makes me laugh. That was the last day of class 12, or to put it another way, the last day of our school life. We both decided to prepare dinner at my house to make it even more special. Ma warned us both not to do that, but we ignored her advice. And as a result, we burned the food while cooking it. Ma chastised both of us later.

Then, in order to prepare dinner, we both went to the kitchen.

*******

It was almost 10 and the dinner was ready. This time we successfully prepared the dinner. It becomes even more memorable when you do it with your best friend.

There was already someone seated at the dining table, including Abhimanyu Jiju. Afterwards, Divya and I then headed to the dining room to do dinner.

The person seated beside Abhimanyu jiju, for some reason, struck me as being extremely familiar from behind.

Then Divya sat next to me, and I sat on the chair opposite to that familiar guy. However, as soon as I saw the guy's face my eyes widened and my mouth hung open due to shock. He was equally astounded to see me at the same moment.

That's the same guy who was arguing with me about the last pack of chocolate at the store.

My eyes grew impossiblely big. My brows rose in a surprised arc.

"What are you doing here? Huh?" I asked him with a genuine shock.

"I should be asking that" he replied. "Are you stalking me?" He asked dramatically after getting up from his chair and pointing his hand at me.

"Stalking you? My foot" I replied while giving him a disgusted look and rolled my eyes at him.

In the meantime, Divya and Abhimanyu Jiju were dumbfounded to witness us conversing with each other in that manner.

"Do you guys know each other?" Divya asked both of us while being little confused. Her brows rose up in confusion.

"He is the one who snatched my last pack of chocolate from my hand!" I stated in a speedy tone and the tone of my voice increased.

"Was your name written on the pack that you're claiming it as yours? Madam?" He asked in a sarcastic tone.

"And your name wasn't written on it either then why did you snatch it from me?" I asked while raising my eyebrows and smiled in a sarcastic manner.

"Why didn't you snatch it back from me? Don't you have hands?" He asked as his lips curled into a mocking smile.

"YEAH STOP YOU TWO! DON'T FIGHT LIKE KIDS!" Divya yelled at us in order to stop us. "Eat your dinner" she said in an ordering tone.

"Bhabi what is this stupid woman doing in our house?" he asked Divya while giving me a weird look.

"Did you just call me stupid huhh? THE FREAKING AUDACITY!!" I said while slightly raising my brows.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" Divya once again yelled at us. "Okay, Ayushi this is my devar, Aryan and Aryan this is my best friend, Ayushi."

"How did this stupid woman become your best friend bhabi?" Aryan asked Divya in a mockingly tone and chuckled.

"I'll kill you without leaving any evidence if you dare to call me stupid again!" I mumbled in a low tone while shooting him a death glare.

"Okay guys now let's do the dinner first" Abhimanyu jiju said.

We both nodded, ending our disagreement, and Divya proceeded to serve everyone's dinner.
Afterwards, everyone enjoyed a quiet dinner together.